No announcement yet.

Halo 2 'basically done'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well thats partialy what i'm not getting, whats in it for the leakers? Qudos??
    Or maybe its a publicity stunt to build the hype even more?
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Halo 2 being leaked is like Half-life being leaked. You STILL can't play the best part of the game without getting the legitimate product, so in the end the pirates are going to give Microsoft a little extra business.

Comment

The best part of Halo is coop multiplayer. That doesn't require Xbox live.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

There won't be coop multiplayer on Xbox live? That sucks.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
            Says who?

Comment

Well, only a few people have modified Xboxs, and then only part of those will find the Halo 2, and only part of those won't get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                I didn't say that... I hope they do have it on Xbox live. I just said you don't need Xbox live for it.
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Also, EGM has rumored that there might be a recording feature built in so you could save great kills and manuevers in Halo to your HD. That would kick ass!

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                    Also, EGM has rumored that there might be a recording feature built in so you could save great kills and manuevers in Halo to your HD. That would kick ass!
                    You would not know when something spectacular was going to happen. So, there it would either have to be the option to record an entire game and keep it/delete it, or the option to turn the record on/off at will, hoping you got something worthwhile.

Sounds like something not worth the trouble.

Comment

Or it could store the previous fifteen seconds or so, and you could tell it to permanently save something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        Or it could store the previous fifteen seconds or so, and you could tell it to permanently save something.
                        So it would be storing video onto your hard drive throughout the game, and you'd have to tell it to stop recording, and have it delete everything but the last 15 seconds?

Comment

I think he was trying to say that it would always have a 15 second recording of the previous 15 seconds, and, e.g., delete a second from the beginning as a new second is recorded. You could then freeze the game and tell the game to store the current 15 sec recording permanently on the hard drive.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

But is 15 seconds long enough?
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                              I think he was trying to say that it would always have a 15 second recording of the previous 15 seconds, and, e.g., delete a second from the beginning as a new second is recorded. You could then freeze the game and tell the game to store the current 15 sec recording permanently on the hard drive.
                              How much processor power would this require? Constantly recording a second, while deleting the previous?

Comment

Barinthus: Suppose it could 30 seconds too.

Verto: I do not have the prowess to answer that question. I'd be more worried about the strain on the hard drive, perhaps, but then I don't know what it would take. I suppose it could also be a system of clips from 30 to 60 seconds that are recorded and not continously clipped and added on, but deleted once the seconds are up. But that has the risk of having a maneuvre being spread out over two clips. Maybe a possibility to combine them later on, and only removing them after a third clip has been recorded? It does sound a bit dubious, imho.
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X