Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arx Fatalis

has anyone played this game?

This is my second attempt at it. I still can't figure out the combat, which is a game breaker for me. I don't expect to be a badass, but to kill a small spider would be nice. In the end, the 2 spiders killed my ass.

I can hit sometimes, but I can't seem to hit consistantly. I hold the mouse down when the pointer is over the target creature, but something just isn't working right. Am I supposed to do something else?

I do like some aspects of this game. The ambient sound is great on my speaker setup (though the voices don't correspond to the lip movement- I suspect the original game was in French). The graphics aren't too bad. And I like the combining items aspect of it. The spell system is kind of annoying, but I think I could get used to it.

Now if I could just hit something in melee combat .

I have it somewhere on CD, but I've never started it... So many games, so little time..
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Check the Games FAQ site. Maybe they have something.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I played Arx Fatalis about a year ago. Though I don't really have advice for you, it'll be worth your while if you stick with the game. I remember it being a really well made Ultima Underworld clone, and the combat wasn't very hard once you got the hang of it (although I did choose to become a mage).

Comment

I played it for a while and don't remember having any problems with combat - hit tab, hold down mouse and then release. I don't think i managed to kill muchmore than the first goblin guard though. The spell system while a good idea was frustrating but i suspect i'd eventually have gone the hang of it.

From what I remember the bits i found annoying were finding items in the 'low light' and the push the crates/stones around puzzles.

It's on my list of games to return to but i need to finish Gothic 2 and Soulbringer first. Also got Planescape to try so it could be a while before i load it up again.

Comment

Working...
          X