Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: The Detectives of Titanic

Yep, two new forum games on one day

I've got this board game (called Titanic), which looks pretty much as clue (or cluedo), but since I don't have that game, this one will do

The story is: A person was killed, you have to find out who killed him/her (red), why (orange), where (green), with what weapon (blue) and at what time (yellow)

Here's the map (taken with my cell phone):

In each room there's 1 (or more) cards (of different color) which shows some evidence against ### (whatever color the card was)

The game lasts 25 rounds

When each round starts I throw a dice for each player, and tells them where they can go, and if they have a chance of getting a card in some of the rooms they can get to, I'll tell which color(s)
    Each player then has to tell me where they want to go, and which color they would like... If two (or more) players gets to the same place and wants the same card I'll use the 'First come, first serve' rule

When the game is over (after 25 rounds, or one has found the killer), all players pm's their guess to me, and the player with most correct answers wins

There's a few other minor rules about this game, but I'll wait to tell about them until I'm sure there's interest about this game...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Nobody who's interested

Nobody who cared for Clue or Cluedo?

Comment

The game's probably copyrighted so I don't know whether Markos would allow it if what we were playing was basically an on-line version. Nascar too is a copyright, but our version does not require us to drive round tracks at ridiculously high speeds, nor does it infringe on any Nascar computer or console games that may have been released, so I think we're safe from Nascar's lawyers there.

Comment

That game is copyrighted yes, but I could just use the game as an example and paint a game-board that look a like... shouldn't give any problems, should it?
        It's kinda the same as not allowing people to program a game and call it tetris, but there's nothing wrong with creating a game that plays exactly like tetris, looks the same as tetris, but sell it under a different name

Comment

I really don't want more whining about FGs. If there isn't a lot of interest, I'd like to limit the games.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ok, I'd just like to see other forum games, since at the moment Mafia is the only interesting game

I'm just trying to give some more options...

Comment

I understand completely.
              But if i see marginal interest on ANY new game, I'll have to make some decisions, and I prefer not to look like I'm choosing which games are worthy. As more new ones come on board though, I'm probably going to have to make some unpopular decisions. But then, I'm a mod and i'm used to it.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Personally, I think it's flaw is that it seems too complicated.

The allure of Assassins,Mafia,Nuclear War is that they are simple.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

actually, another thing- is there any chance forum games should/could get a subforum of the other games section- or a major section on the main page?
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Personally I don't think it's too complicated... of course it's a bit more complicated than Mafia, but not too much I'd say...

And your question has been asked tons of times, and always with some admin saying "no!"

Comment

Yep.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But if we ask enough we might get what we want. It's worked in the past.
                        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

but why create a subforum when the current system works fine as is? I for one enjoy the Other Games forum (mainly for Forum Games) as I like both the Games discussion and the Forum Games. Why seperate them?
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                          X