Braveheart - eidos nasty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braveheart - eidos nasty?

Anyone ever got into this game? - any real scotsmen/women that pushed on in this game and worked out how it all works and found a good game?

I've had it for a few years, installed it a couple of times and am still trying to work out why i'm still trying to work it out!
    I got the 3.22 patch from the eidos website.

Is there a game worth pursuing? I can look past a few flaws if its possible. Anyone have stories they can tell me, good or bad?
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

I never got it, but a friend of mine had said it was pretty good.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

i'll go out on a limb and say it may be the most atmospheric strategy game i've played. The music and sound is really haunting, sets the theme(think of the film) perfectly.

The game menus look really nice, lots of celtic type knotwork and the style is very good.
      Its got lots of things to play around with: loads of resources and ways of using them.

The 3D battle mode is pretty bad, especialy by todays standards - but its bearable and does its job.

Its just that it got pretty bad reviews, even after the patches(think 'Cutthroats' , another eidos game from the same time).
      And so far i've just not been able to get into it. I think for me the trouble is it doesn't provide much feedback on the decisions you make. So its tricky to know how you are doing.
      After a short while(an hour or so) i just lose heart with it.

I'm hoping that either some people can tell me it never gets better, in which case i can stop trying to find the 'good' game and give up on it.

Or that its worth staying with it as it all makes sense eventually.

Its the enigma in my gaming collection and i feel its time to decide what it is, but i dont seem to be able to do it by myself , darn its bewitching charms!

edit: heres some info on the game at mobygames mobygames link , it might help jog memmories?
      Last edited by child of Thor; September 29, 2004, 05:52.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

- well it looks like it will remain my one gaming enigma for a while longer!

The pattern has been the same since i first got it about three/four years ago:

1. load it up anticipating a great battle with england.
        2. 2 hrs or so later give up in frustration.
        3. tell myself it's rubbish and i'll never try it again.
        4. 6-7 months later i come across the game disk and think maybe i just need to give it more time.

and so it goes on

Looks like this is my eternal computer game penance for some past and unknown crime

Comment

4. 6-7 months later i come across the game disk and think maybe i just need to give it more time.

Hmm reminds me of Smac
          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Moral Hazard

Hmm reminds me of Smac
            blasphemy!!

Comment

Working...
            X