Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Demo is Out

And boy is it pretty

Unfortunately, not too much to do in it, as you only have a selection of about 6 or 7 rides and one map. But, it definately shows promise...
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

They've already got a topped thread in the atari forums " RCT3 Expansion Pack Ideas"
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

You can manually set the level of the water in the game... after building a rollercoaster I made the water go a little higher:

Funny that the people still walk below water surface... even 10 minutes after I did it
      It does affect rides though... my rollerCoaster slowed down as it hit water (which was now on the tracks
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Adagio, you mentioned a problem in your thread. After you've placed the ride you should be given the entrance in ghosted form on your cusor (already selected) as well as the exit. After you've clicked to place the entrance the exit is queued for placement.

I hope the sound effects are improved a bit before release. The screaming riders are either unenthused or have Tourette's syndrome 'cause the screaming is one-at-a-time, at odd times or not at all. Also on the inverted ship there's the constant drone of a busy mall in which you hear dozens of conversations and not a single scream. Surely the ride isn't THAT boring...
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

For the smaller rides yes, but not for rollercoasters... it took me some time to find that option... I don't like the new menu... maybe it looks fancy and all, but it's annoying to find around, you have to get used to it first...
          And the way the rides/paths are constructed is annoying too... maybe that's just because I'm used to the RCT1 way

And yes, the sound effects should get improved... sometimes they scream at the start of the ride, when it goes up

And why do they have their hands in the air all the time... Even when holding still in the station they have their hands in the air.

And I hope they do some fixing to the ride-cam... some rides it's useless because someone's sitting in the same seat, and kills the view

Comment

But I do like their auto-complete ride... I always hated to finish the rides because I often ended up in situations I couldn't get out of

Comment

Oh, and they should defently do some bug-fixing before releasing this game...
              As I tried the totural for the first time it froze while loading*, then later after having played a few games I wanted to exit, there it froze too*

* Both times it froze in a way that you're still in Windows, but the game is on top.... only option I had was to press alt+F4 several times until everything was closed, except windows...

Comment

some rides it's useless because someone's sitting in the same seat, and kills the view
                Did you know you could use your wheelmouse to zoom in or out? I don't know the keyboard shortcut.

Comment

I just uninstalled the demo. It had this stuttering thing going like clockwork every second making it damn-near impossible to do anything, including exit the demo. I restarted 3 times to no avail. F*ck that.

Comment

I've read somewher that you should be able to download a full-trial... for one full hour you have all functions in the game, but after that you wont be able to play it anymore... Then you should be able to buy the full game (from inside the game?) so you'll be able to play the game as soon as you recieve an email with the key

I haven't installed it yet, so I'm not sure if it works, but on the official RCT3 forum, a poster wrote he already had bought the game, and was playing it
                    I only did a qick-read, so I'm not 100% sure if I read correct... i'll find out tonight, when I get time to try it

Comment

A warning: Make sure to keep an eye on the clock when playing the game, if you're counting on buying the game, because if you don't save manually before time runs out, you've lost whatever you've built in the park since last save

I saved the game after 30 minutes of playing, and forgot about it... now that I've bought the game and tried to resume the game, I've noticed it didn't save automatic... and I had just built some awsome rollercoaster two minutes after I saved

But at least I can get back to playing again

Just a warning though: If you buy the game through the game, you get an activation code which you'll only need if you change your computers configuration... you can do this 3 times without paying extra... I believe there'll soon be released a cd version that I can download for *free* so I avoid this problem when it comes to it

Comment

Working...
                      X