FG: Galactic Overlord 5 - The Wrath of Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 10 - Alliance's communication problems

Priority one sub-space message was sent from Earth to joncha, Kassiopeia and Skanky Burns. It was a personal message from GeneralTacticus that the time had come for a decisive attack on Smiley.

A few days later the huge Federation fleet arrived at the agreed assembly point. Only Kassiopeia’s tiny fleet was there. Skanky Burns and joncha have betrayed the allied cause. Perhaps they finally understood they could gain nothing from this so-called alliance and bailed out in time. Or perhaps they had a hidden agenda. Anyways, they were not there.

Kassiopeia and General Tacticus sat together to consider for a while what to do and then decided to push on. They knew that the chances were slim they could defeat the mighty Romulans without their allies, but thought that to return home now would be even worse than to die fighting.

They were very surprised when they arrived at Romulus and found the place completely deserted. They captured 18(!) bases without a fight.

So, where was Smiley then? Attacking Skanky Burns. It seems Skanky’s gamble didn’t quite pay off.

Battle No. 1: Smiley attacks Skanky Burns
    Smiley: 10TT, 10FD, 4TD, 2LF, 249FF, OoB: TTF-FLL, back off, bunch together
    Skanky Burns: 25LT, 8FT, 14TT, 5LD, 4FD, 5TD, 1LF, OoB: LLT-TFF, close in, bunch together

264T – 146L – Skanky Burns takes 118 hits
    264T – 146L – Skanky Burns takes 118 hits
    289F – 180T – Skanky Burns takes 109 hits

Smiley’s fleet is unscratched while Skanky Burns takes staggering 345 points of damage. All of his laser ships are destroyed. In addition to this, he loses 5 torpedo dreadnaughts, 1 torpedo titan and another torpedo titan is damaged. The number of torpedo ships is reduced to 12 torpedo titans for the next three rounds.

289F – 120T – Skanky Burns takes 169 hits
    4L – 28F – Smiley takes 24 hits
    4L – 28F – Smiley takes 24 hits

Skanky’s total damage is 514 hits. He loses all his remaining torpedo ships, all carrier dreadnaughts and one carrier titan. Only his seven carrier titans survive, but even that is enough to stop the Romulans from capturing all his bases.

Meanwhile, Spaced Cowboy has tried his newly formed counter-espionage service in which he has invested much. The service was confident Skanky Burns would send a spy this time, so they concentrated on Klingon agents, ignoring Human agents completely. This soon proved unwise as a spy General Tacticus sent against the Space Dudes managed to sabotage the shield constructed around the newly built Spaced Cowboy’s base. Reportedly, the reason they didn’t commit any resources towards preventing Human spies from entering their space was because their intelligence and counter-intelligence services engaged in a bitter rivalry over the contest to be the first to capture an intruder. I guess Space Dudes need a new Ministry: The Ministry of Homeland Security.

Code:
    Galactic Overlord

Player Name Bases BPs TotalShips Frigates(1) Cruisers(2) Battleships(3) Dreadnaughts(4) Titans(5)
    Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp
    :) Smiley (1) 2 2/265/66 2 225 - - - - - - - - 10 4 - - 10
    GeneralTacticus 7(14) 63 109/109/109 7 7 7 - - - 1 1 1 1 1 1 19 19 19
    joncha 1(4) 13 32/32/32 28 22 20 - 1 - - - - 1 2 3 - - -
    Kassiopeia 1(12) 29 45/57/46 10 11 5 - - - - 1 1 5 7 7 3 3 2
    Skanky Burns 6(3) 36 0/35/0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - 7 -
    Spaced Cowboy 7(8) 53 95/106/116 - - - - - - - - - - 4 4 19 18 20

Comment

• /me slaps Skanky around a bit with a large trout
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• O my, things suddenly change again. Spaced looks to be back in business, and GT is the highest tree around now.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• It's RAMPAGE TIME! Time to flip out and conquer some bases!
          Last edited by :) Smiley; October 12, 2004, 20:19.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Not like you can do much else, ain't it?
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• /me grumbles about lack of net access.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Despite our setbacks, the alliance is intact.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Orders sent. Glory to the Alliance!
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Glory belongs to the victor. And there can be only one.

Comment

• Sent.

Comment

• Sent.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Sent.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• sent
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• No more secret handshake, eh?
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• You saw how the last secret handshake ended up.

Comment

Working...
                                X