No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 5 - The Wrath of Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While we're waiting for them to send orders, let's discuss another one of my ideas on how to stop a spy.

Instead of paying for counter-espionage or having spies in the same service, I suggest that every player receive a number of counter-espionage options from the start (let's say 3, maybe less, surely not more) which can be used to immunise the said player against spies for one turn at any time, but which are exhausted after use and cannot be rebuilt.

How about that?

Comment

• The thing is at present the only thing stopping allied forces rampaging is the fact that one of their members may receive a sly spy. I like it the way it is.

It's important to focus on the fact that the problem is with spy farming at later stages, not spies per se.

Comment

• Not bad....what else?
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
          The thing is at present the only thing stopping allied forces rampaging is the fact that one of their members may receive a sly spy. I like it the way it is.

It's important to focus on the fact that the problem is with spy farming at later stages, not spies per se.
          An unscrupulous alliance can exploit spies. We see this happening in front of our eyes.

Now, I can't understand how they can remain together when it's obvious only one of them will profit from the alliance. A smart move for one of them would be to betray his allies now. If he were to defect now, he would profit much from it because he could eliminate all three of his "allies" that way (by disclosing the "alliance's" plans to Spaced Cowboy and Smiley).

He could then ally with Smiley against Spaced Cowboy, then betray Smiley and capture his bases while Spaced defends. He then finishes off what is left of Spaced and claims victory.

A simple plan. I wonder who of the "allies" has the guts for it.

Comment

• I haven't been following this game. Fill me in.

Comment

• Is this a joke?

If you are serious, Kassi, joncha, GT and Skanky are allied against Spaced Cowboy and Smiley who are not allied. The Grand alliance is building two spies a turn and using the other two spies they built last turn.

They are behaving effectively as a colony, hence one entity. And they are abusing the spies. Smiley and Spaced Cowboy can do nothing but sit down and wait the inevitable: An assault when the alliance becomes strong enough.

Now, if Smiley and Spoaced Cowboy had possessed only a couple of counter-espionage options, they would have been able to at least fight back.

I think that using spies like this is a clear exploit and I'm trying to find the way to prevent something like this from repeating.

Comment

• Right now there's a four way alliance of GT, Skanky, Joncha, and Kass. GT and Skanky both have about 12 bases, Joncha and Kass are client states with around 4 bases apiece. On each turn, two build spies, the other two use them on me and Spaced (the only other two players) thus effectively locking down the game until they can build up a huge numerical advantage.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• We are none of us as duplicitous as yourself, Ljube. We honour our alliances.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Though why do you enter it, fully knowing you'd take casualties first? Are they offering you the bulk of the bases?
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Both seem quite inelegant compared to the current solution.
                      However, unlike the current solution the other suggestions may actually stop the exploit from occuring.

And I must apologise for not having net access the past few days. The computer I was using crashed yesterday and now the cd drive refuses to work, so I can't install stuff like an operating system on that computer until I get a working one. Now at the library... *sigh*

Working on orders now.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Allies, if you get the chance to pm me sometime soon...

Otherwise, orders sent.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Planning how to divvy up the galaxy after the battle? Remember, there can only be one!

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                            We are none of us as duplicitous as yourself, Ljube. We honour our alliances.

You think the others will honour it if you do? LOL! I was wondering why you changed your avatar, but now I know

Comment

• Regardless of the outcome, I know I will die with honour.
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• There is no honor in being a client state.

Comment

Working...
                                X