X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Gladiator VI - The Unbearable Lightness of Fighting

Gladiator VI - The Unbearable Lightness of Fighting

Prologue

Bob woke up. He pulled a few breaths and counted at least six broken ribs. "What the devil", he managed to utter.

"Rise and shine, nice to see you back", Bob heard a voice. "About time too."

Bob opened his eyes, trying to get his bearings. Theben's face loomed above - the battler flinched at the sight.

"I thought, that, was, a battle to -"

"The death, yes, yes, all of that nonsense. Sure you get beaten up bad, but that we'd let our stars die? It's a nice gimmick, I'll admit. The audience has a short attention span and they'll never realise the same guy's been killed in the semis three times a row already. That, and I had a special reason to fish you out of there before bleeding to death."

Bob just coughed.

"Thing is, by the look of things, you aren't exactly the greatest fighter of the bunch."

"One more word and -"

"Quiet. I'm offering you a chance to learn. I'm heading out to Iberia to set up a franchise there. I've got this great idea with bulls. While I'm gone, I need someone to run things at this end. Now, I don't know what sort of warrior code you're on, but do know that it's a -"

"I accept", Bob said.

"And I had a nice persuasion speech set up and everything. Oh well, better this way. Now go back to sleep, you've got some healing left to do."

Rules

1. Each contestant must distribute 20 points between weapon and armour values which remain constant throughout the contest (e.g. weapon 11, armour 9). These values are public knowledge.

2. Each match is divided up into combat rounds, which are further divided into 3 segments.

3. In each round you must distribute 100 points amongst the 3 segments, each of which requires values for attack, defense and power.
    e.g.:

1st A11 D11 P11
    2nd A12 D08 P15
    3rd A15 D02 P15

The total of all 9 values must equal 100, and the total of the 3 values in any one segment must not exceed 50.

4. These ADP values are modified by the contestants choice of weapon and armour values. Half the armour value is added to each defense, half the weapon value is added to each attack, the weapon value is added to each power and the opponents armour value is subtracted from each power.

5. In each segment the modified attack and defense values are compared. If, in any round, your attack is greater than your opponents defense then you hit them, and so damage equal to the power for that segment.

6. Ties between attack and defense values result in 50% damage rounded down. 0 attack 0 defense ties are possible.

7. In the initial portion of the competition, each contestant will face every other contestant for one match consisting of two combat rounds.

8. In each match, each contestant will begin with 100 HP from which damage is subtracted. A contestant who loses all of these is considered incapacitated and cannot continue with the match (no more segments take place), but is presumed to recover for their other matches, which remain unaffected.

9. If both contestants are incapacitated then the match is considered a draw, and each contestant recieves 1 point.

10. If one contestant is incapacitated then the other is considered the winner and recieves 4 points.

11. If neither contestant is incapacitated, then the one inflicting the most damage in the whole match is considered the winner, and recieves 3 points. If both contestants inflict the same amount of damage then the match is considered a tie and each contestant receives 1 point.

12. The four contestants who receive the most points in this way will proceed to the second portion of the competition, the Semis.

13. A tie for fourth place will be resolved at the discretion of the GM.

14. The second portion will consist of a knockout competition of matches, with combat similar to the round-robin but instead it is to the death. Winners of the Semis advance to the final.

Now, the initial matches of the competition will come in three sections, and each contestant will be facing two opponents in the first and second sections, but three in the third. If you look at your programme you'll see a table showing how this works, where the entries marked 'a' indicate a pair who will face each other in the first section, and those marked 'b' and 'c' indicate pairs who will face each other in the second and third sections respectively.

1 !abcccba
    2 a!abcccb
    3 ba!abccc
    4 cba!abcc
    5 ccba!abc
    6 cccba!ab
    7 bcccba!a
    8 abcccba!

Gladiators

1. Jamski - Jamski-San, son of Jamski-Chan, grandson of Jamski-San: W10 A10
    2. Ljube-ljcvetko - Emperor Commodus: W20 A00
    3. Drogue - Lord Drogue of Antoine: W09 A11
    4. duke o' york - Captain Ducko Flint: W08 A12
    5. Spaced Cowboy - Spacius Maximus: W03 A17
    6. DrSpike - The Doctor: W10 A10
    7. J Bytheway - Jack the Knife: W10 A10
    8. Sheep - Trident Guy AKA Unnamed Challenger: W10 A10

Programme for Round 1

Battle 1: Jamski-San vs. Emperor Commodus
    Battle 2: Emperor Commodus vs. Lord Drogue
    Battle 3: Lord Drogue vs. Captain Flint
    Battle 4: Captain Flint vs. Spacius Maximus
    Battle 5: Spacius Maximus vs. The Doctor
    Battle 6: The Doctor vs. Jack the Knife
    Battle 7: Jack the Knife vs. Trident Guy
    Battle 8: Trident Guy vs. Jamski-San

Pre-Round Highlight

Battle 5, a rematch between the Gladiator V finalists. Will Spacius prevail this time or will The Doctor beat him to mash yet again, even with his shield only half its former size?

You now have 80 hours (weekend) to send your orders via PM to me. Failure to do so will result in an arbitrary solution and/or decision by the GM.

Previous Games

Gladiator -poly- 2 "The Competition"

Gladiator -poly- 2 "The Competition" Part Deux

Gladiator III - Let the Battle Commence!

Gladiator III - Let the Battles Continue!

Gladiator IV - The fights begin!

Gladiator IV - The fights proceed!

Gladiator V - The Onset
    Last edited by Kassiopeia; September 24, 2004, 07:57.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

I sent two sets of orders. Is that enough to be going on with over the weekend?

Comment

Duke, you are in GO 5 too. Send me your pre-build orders and the game starts on Monday.

Comment

sent.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Orders sent (I used the normal format)

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

/me casts his eye over his opponents.

Even worse than normal, he muses. Should be a dead cert for a hat trick.

Comment

Sent.

Comment

resent with the new pre-build rukes.

And I always thought that shield hits should be like 10-20% of the fleet not a static 12 points.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                  resent with the new pre-build rukes.

And I always thought that shield hits should be like 10-20% of the fleet not a static 12 points.
                  Sparrowhawk thinks that Spaced needs to make sure he is in the right thread before posting (though I admit you made me do a double take before I posted this

Good thing you aren't GMing this one......you might have the Mafia racing to build the Spaceship against the other Gladiator before he can launch his Nukes
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Spaced shouldn't be posting after a 6 pack....he's getting as bad as Skanky...nah...no one is that bad.

Comment

SC has moved from crack to alcohol. He is getting better.

Comment

Okay, have orders from J Bytheway, Jamski, Spaced, Duckie and Sheep - missing them from DrSpike (surprise surprise ), Drogue and Ljube.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Good things take time.

Comment

Orders sent.

Comment

/me yawns and sharpens his sword in Doc's direction*

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                              X