DiabloII LoD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiabloII LoD question

I do not seem to be able to figure out to make a character that can kill the Ancient Barbs of Arreat Summit in Nightmare.

Last year I had a barb at level 59 at patch 1.09 and was stymied.

Today I have a level 61 Druid (wolf, no elemental spells) and I cruise through everything until I hit the summit.

My grizz was quick to run away, so fast I barely got in a swing before it was gone.

My plan was to send the bear into get their attention and come up behind in wolf mode and use fury to do some damage.

Ready to recast the bear and I have all slots filled with full rejuvs.

My side kick is an act III cold guy I have had all the way since then and is around my level.

I use Oak sage and carrion vine and have 4 ravens (+3 skill). I am maxed at Lycanth and WereWolf is close to it as well.

Are you playing 1.09 or 1.10?

If you're in 1.10, you simply will not be able to beat the Hell Ancients with a Druid unless you have godly equipment, and even then it'll be really hard.
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

It is 1.10. I remember now what I did in normal mode. I placed potions on the ground to replace the ones in my belt.

I got Talic to chase me.

I may need to get up to level 64 to make hitting them a bit easier as I understand they are levle 68.

Comment

Good luck. 1.10 is hell on game balance. Melee characters are severely underpowered. I'm going to guess that you will not ever be able to beat them by yourself with a Druid. This is no fault of your own, it's just the way that the 1.10 patch was designed.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I have a Diablo question. What game do you recommend as a replacement for it? Is NWN Diablo-esque?

Comment

Eh, kind of. I really didn't like NWN, but a couple of my friends loved it. The problem is that you can't really replay anything. When you're done, you're done.

World of Warcraft should be out in not too long, and that looks cool. Also, I've heard of a game called Guild Wars that's supposed to be similar with no monthly fee, but I still need to check out the info on it.

Comment

Comment

I beat 'em with an Amazon via the good ol' Summon Valkyrie, run away, shoot until Valkyrie screams (usually very soon, sometimes immediately), recast Valk & run.

Slow, but works. Course, not quite as much an option with melee characters, thanks to that whole instant death if the leap attack barbarian hits you. If you hear the "Huuu!," I guess you just have to run, and hope you weren't in the middle of an attack sequence.
                All syllogisms have three parts.
                Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                  Eh, kind of. I really didn't like NWN, but a couple of my friends loved it. The problem is that you can't really replay anything. When you're done, you're done.
                  That is completely and undeniably not the case. NWN is quite possibly the most replayable game that there is. There are hundreds upon hundreds of modules available for download from the net, not to mention multiplayer.

...and even if you only decide to play the out of the box modules, you can do so with several different characters and styles.

Comment

I let you know. I ran up to few levels to 63 and will go to 64 and see what happens.

If they (ancient barbs) get a roll with extra strong and speed, it will be too hard.

Comment

Ok it was a snap. I let the bear do all the work and stayed out of the fight. I never took a hit and only used rejuvs to refill my mana.

I summoned Oak sage and carrion vines and 5 ravens as well and keep them all up. The side kick chipped in a bit here and there with cold to slow them down.

I was level 64.

Comment

A a Barb I made sure I had loads of Full rejuvs and whirlwinded my way through them. I died a couple of times, but I got there in the end.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I have a barb ready to go to the summit in nightmare. I am not sure when I will get back to it.

Melee seems to be a tougher role in 1.10 and the worst thing to see in a level boss or super unique is extra fast.

Comment

this guys are hard to kill without help.

But I have no problem killing them on single player with tough characters such as druids (lycanthrope builds), barbarians, and paladins.

edit: that above post refers to 1.09. I've been playing Diablo a little recently, but still haven't gotten to the ancients. I mostly try to get them in multiplayer anyways. solo is no fun.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                              I have a barb ready to go to the summit in nightmare. I am not sure when I will get back to it.

Melee seems to be a tougher role in 1.10 and the worst thing to see in a level boss or super unique is extra fast.
                              I haven't noticed too much of a drop in melee in 1.10. I did play my werebear druid build recently in nightmare. I was only in act 1 though. I still haven't got him farther than that. He stomped on everything pretty good. Again, I play multiplayer, so if I do hit some kind of immune, my party can back me up usually. Also note. I did good without uber equipment. I very rarely find great epuipment. And I never have any to pass down. The main downside to playing multiplayer is I miss out on a lot of stuff (I"m not quick enough to get many items), unless the party is nice enough to give me stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X