Mafia - the PC game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia - the PC game

I saw a copy of Mafia game earlier today for 10 bucks and it looks interesting. Have anybody ever played this game? Any thoughts?

I checked out the game website and it seems that car driving and car chases are a big part of the game? I'm not too crazy about those but I admit I enjoy that taxi cab game.
    Who is Barinthus?

It is like a toned down version of GTA3, most of the cars are not as fast, but I only played the first 10 missions or so, before my buddy loaned me vice city. Also totally linear, no deviations off the mission path, no exploring, ect.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Ugh. Thanks, Spaced
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

It was reasonably well received IIRC. Of course with linearity can come well orchestrated missions.

Comment

Oh let me point out that I liked it, and it is still installed, just haven't been able to get back to it yet.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

From your first post people would be forgiven for thinking you hated it.

Comment

It has really good atmosphere...especially someone of uhh... Italian heritage.

Comment

Compared to GTA, it's not worth much for reason stated by Spaced... The atmosphere is probably the only interesting thing about the movie... for those who like mafia (1930 Chicago) story/atmosphere... which I don't...
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

My impression is that the game is all about driving? I want to gun down people and rough up some shopkeepers
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Oh there is plenty of that, but like GTA, you do have to get there and get away safely.

The cops will bust you for speeding.

Bottom line is that I paid $10 for it and got my money's worth out of it in ten missions. I soon became frustated with some of GTA's missions so I will return.

One of the missions involves going to a hotel out of town (quite a drive). For a good 5-10 minutes, it is like a FPS, then one of the baddies gets away and you have to chash him down, get him out of his car and kill him.

But there is a lot of driving, I'm remembering less driving than GTA.

Comment

Working...
                    X