Final Fantasy XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy XI

Just a few more days before Final Fantasy XI is released in Europe. About bloody time! Me and some people I know have been thinking of getting it. I love Final Fantasy and I've been wanting to give MMORPGs a serious try. (I've only played Ragnarok in beta. that's the only MMORPG experience I have). Do any of you play it or have played it, and what do you think of the game? Should I buy it?
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

You might be interested in this thread: http://www.counterglow.com/forum/sho...threadid=16602
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Some people like FFXI but it's a game where you have to group (and some classes can find that hard) and the level grind is quite harsh. Check out mmorpg.com before you buy, to see whether it sounds your cup of tea.

Comment

Maybe they changed things, but what put me off- besides lack of time and other games of course- was the idiotic "World Pass" thing. The whole point of an MMORPG, in my mind, is to play with your friends, and maybe make a few new ones. If everybody gets distributed to random worlds, and it takes a fair amount of time to get a World Pass, and then you have to start at level 1 again at your new server... come on.
        All syllogisms have three parts.
        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

I play FFXI. I'm totally addicted. That's why I don't come here anymore.
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Ha, ha, we see you. We told you Poly was tricksy. We told you you'd be back.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFire
              Maybe they changed things, but what put me off- besides lack of time and other games of course- was the idiotic "World Pass" thing. The whole point of an MMORPG, in my mind, is to play with your friends, and maybe make a few new ones. If everybody gets distributed to random worlds, and it takes a fair amount of time to get a World Pass, and then you have to start at level 1 again at your new server... come on.
              I can't remember where the trick was listed at Real Life Comics but there is a way around the whole world-pass issue. Some trick where if you cancel at the right time you retain the character you created but can then be offered a different world.

It's tempting for me, but seeing that I'm a cheap bastard, obviously I'm not willing to pay the monthly dues.
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I got the game, and indeed used that trick to avoid getting a WP.

create character, but when you come to the screen where you link it to a handle, click cancel. Go to delete character, and it will show what server your character is on. If it's the wrong one, delete it. If it's the right one, cancel and go to select character to link it to a handle and play. It took me 37 times to get to the right server. About half an hour in time.

Though this isn't really needed, I later found out. After only a few hours or playing, I already had enough money to buy a WP for my friends. Heh.
                Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Working...
                X