Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonny
    Orders sent.
    Friend Jonny, I hope your scientists found the technological secrets of the Republic of Cubium interesting.

Comment

Yes, you get a spy.

What part of the rules was confusing?
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I don't know. Thanks for answering my question

It won't help me much, though. I congratulate you on this magnificent victory

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
          Friend Jonny, I hope your scientists found the technological secrets of the Republic of Cubium interesting.
          Yes, we thank you for this gift. It will be of great use to us in the future.

Comment

While I have all the orders, I have not yet had a chance to calculate the turn, results will be posted sometime tomorrow (Saturday).
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

1500 AD

1500 AD
              Turn #8

Paragon of Empire only Society not hit by Recession
              With decreased trade around the world, only the Paragon of Empire was thought to be a valuable trade partner as both Ljubium and traded exclusivily with the Paragon. The other Societies were too busy with other issues to be able to trade with anyone.

Code:
              From	                Cost	Revenue	To            Revenue
              Smiley (10 caravans)	210	2200	Jonny     	1100

Ljube (11 Caravans)     242	2662	Jonny	     1331
              Despots? We don't need know stinking despots
              Following the lead of their counterparts, both the Land of the Dudes and the Paragon of Empire decided that their leaders were not doing an adequate job in ruling the expanding Societies and overthrew them both in favour of a new Republic leader.

Cities? And where do you want to put them?
              Despite population levels reaching crisis proportions in many of the societies, no new cities were built and the leaders were under increased pressure to either send envoys into their neighbours cities to scout out potential build sites or to consider alternatives.

Smiley back in the space race lead
              All societies now have the knowledge of Nuclear Fission leading experts to believe that the unprecedented period of peace may not last much longer. In addition to Nuclear Fission, the Land of was alone in researching the new technologies of Miniaturization and Space Flight.

Wonder Race heats up
              The Empire of Ljubium and the Land of both invested significant portions of their GNP into the construction of new wonders in their empires (in most cases even attempting to construct the same wonder). When the dust had settled, the Land of had added Nascar and Majestic 12. The Empire of Ljubium thanks in large part to their University, started a new faculty of the KGB and immediately gave the students an assignment of Jihad, unfortunately for the Land of when they tried to inspect their Jihad, they got the strange message "Microsoft did not detect a keyboard, press any key to continue".

In related news, the leader of the Empire of Ljubium directed his scientists, engineers and learned men to construct something he called Galactic Overlord. After much discussion and debate, one of the scientists was send to Ljube to tell him while the idea was intriguing they could find no knowledge of such a wonder, and asked if he was sure he had the right Forum Game? The Scientist was later to be found with his head perched on the city gates where Galatic Overlord was to have been built, a reminder to the populace not to ask questions of their great leader.

United Societies Formed
              As a result of the extended peace in all the lands, a functionary of little importance by the name of Sparrowhawk (origin unknown) announced that he was creating a "United Societies" as an organization dedicated to ensuring that Peace was maintained for all eternity. A conference was set up and representatives from each of the Societies invited to attend. Sparrowhawk was heard to comment "I expect all to send representatives, for only those with war on their minds would not attend a meeting of peace such as this". As he met alone and heard reports of massive troop buildups in the Most Evil Empire and in the Land of and the growing distrust among the other societies, it was wondered if Peace was truly on everyones mind?

Code:
              Society Cities Tech Army Nukes/SDI SS Parts Gold
              Spaced Cowboy - Republic 20 11 47 0/0 0 1511
              :) Smiley - Republic 20 13 108 0/0 0 3040
              Jonny - Republic 14 11 45 0/0 0 4957
              Whoha - Monarchy 13 11 95 0/0 0 989
              Ljube - Republic 14 11 49 0/0 0 1856
              Wonders of the World
              The Smiles High Tower (E2)
              The Cubic Colosseum (B7)
              The Trojan Horse of (E3)
              The Cubium Acropolis (C7)
              The Silk Path of Ljubium (B9)
              The of Jihad (E4)
              The Mafia of Paragon of Empire (H2)
              The Trans-siberian Railroad of
              The NRA of the Paragon of Empire (H3)
              The University of California in Ljubium (A9)
              Nascar (F3)
              KGB of Ljubium (A8)
              Majestic 12 of (F2)

Future Techs
              Cost of Tech 12 (Miniaturization) is now 461 Gold
              Cost of Tech 13 (Space Flight) is now 746 Gold
              Cost of Tech 14 (The Laser) is 1508 Gold
              Cost of Tech 15 (Fussion Power) is 2440 Gold
              Attached Files
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I misread the rules.

Comment

Orders sent.

Comment

Sent.

Comment

• sent
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Okay, orders received from LL, Whoha and Spaced Cowboy (although I needed/need minor clarification from all three...because it wasn't clear if they were trying to gift spaceship parts on this turn, or next turn )

Note to reader: This is meant in jest, you cannot gift spaceship parts, but I did require clarification from all three, hopefully Smiley and Jonny have simple orders

Comment

• Actually, LL, until you mentioned you misread, I thought you planned brilliantly, anticipating that I would research new technology. Working on orders right now.
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Orders sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
                              Actually, LL, until you mentioned you misread, I thought you planned brilliantly, anticipating that I would research new technology.

Thank you Smiley for your kind words of appreciation.
                              I have the same opinion of you. Shame that you and I cannot overcome our initial minor differences and work as a united front from now on.
                              I'm ready for that if you are. A new era of trust and understanding between us may be just starting.

Comment

• put the (tm) by my empire name

Comment

Working...
                                X