No announcement yet.

Longest time spenat at LAN party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's often a bunch of RTS players too, mostly warcraft3 or Zero hour but it depends on the lan-party.

a few people I know started organizing lans some years back, twice a year, and after a while they started getting bigger. Unfortunately they were q3 players, so basically it ended up being a 72-hour q3 fest. Problem with these dudes is that they really don't play anything else because they would get spanked if they did

I played a few games of aok at a lan 2 months ago like I usually do at parties, but because I do not have a valid copy my skills can't improve on the internet so me and my friend got owned pretty hard; that's why we couldn't play that much more rounds, it tends to be a bit boring when playing that kind of people
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      Shall I just leave them at the station?
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        In Virginia, three people in one room with their socks off constitutes an orgy.
        * Arnelos has lived in Virginia most of his life and doesn't remember that one.
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

hmm maybe 12 hours or so is the longest i've been at a lan without leaving. the longest i've played pcs games at one is probably around 8. one time me and my brother played doom 2 all the way through on co-op on ultra violence. god i love that game in co-op.
          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Last year War4ever and Berzerker visited Chicago for a week and stayed at Ming's. During the days we played golf and went to a Cubs' game. At night we played CIVII MP and had a riot. We probably played over 40 hours that week. It's much more fun to taunt your opponent face to face.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              Last year War4ever and Berzerker visited Chicago for a week and stayed at Ming's. During the days we played golf and went to a Cubs' game. At night we played CIVII MP and had a riot. We probably played over 40 hours that week. It's much more fun to taunt your opponent face to face.
              Indeed. I remember playing Civ2MP and even CivNET in the same room with someone.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I've been to two Counter-Strike LAN parties so far... both with over 20 people. The longest time I spent there was like 20 hours. I think my longest stretch was about 10 hours playing straight.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Bumptastic.

Comment

what are the questions there spikey old pal?
                    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

No question. Just noting that it's unusual for a thread to be bumped after not having had a post for almost a month.

Comment

Wow, and I thought I had a gaming problem... Yet to be at a LAN party (or any party for that matter) for more than six hours.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                          Wow, and I thought I had a gaming problem... Yet to be at a LAN party (or any party for that matter) for more than six hours.
                          This thread makes me feel old. I have never been to a LAN Party (and before reading this thread didn't know there was such a thing ...I live in a small town, not sure it would work here)...but I have played board games (Risk or Axis and Allies) for long periods of time, just nothing compared to what you guys are talking about here (10-12 hours max I think). Isuppose the same would work for online games, just never really considered it before.

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

but I have played board games (Risk or Axis and Allies) for long periods of time, just nothing compared to what you guys are talking about here (10-12 hours max I think).
                            Same here. Once started a game at 6, "ended" around 3:30 in a draw.
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                            X