Longest time spenat at LAN party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest time spenat at LAN party

What is hte longest LAN party you've been to, and what is the longest that you have been playing nonstop at a LAN party?
    also, any good LAN party storiies if they exist would be appreciated.
    This thread can also function as a forum for tales of crazy nights involving many bottles of Bawls!!!
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

I spent fourteen hours straight playing multiplayer Halo (two linked xboxes) at our freshman lock-in (sort of like a giant, schoolwide sleepover, minus the sleep).

Comment

I had a freind play Anarchy Online for ~40 hours straight a month ago

not a lan tale, but still one of long time gaming

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The longest LAN-party I've been at was 6 days (twice)... I've been at lots of LAN-parties, but those two times was the best (only about 15 people each time)... I can't stand those small 48 hour parties, they're just too small...
        I'm holding my own LAN-parties from time to time, which are mostly 5 days (about 7 people), but they're not so fun as those 6-days-parties, since the people participitating are not that interested in trying different games (They only play fps)
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Btw, I've also been at parties with 50-100 people, but they're less fun
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Back when I played Quake competitively my clan had a long running dispute (a friendly one) with UNR about the relative merits of 2 approaches to a tourney map. We met them at a big Euro LAN and spent about 16 hours straight testing. It turned out they were both good.

That's probably my longest session without a break (though there was some cycling so I watched some games rather than playing). I've done that a few times for MP games, but these stories of people who play for 2 days non stop are amazing.

Comment

What's a party?
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

ColdWizard sighting!

Comment

I'd have to go with 0. Never been to one. I think you need friends for one of those

Comment

I haven't gone to a LAN party.

Comment

Not a LAN party, but I've played multiplayer Starcraft for 36 hours straight before. Youth.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I've only spent a few hours at a LAN party before.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

What's a party?
                          It's a LAN (Local Area Network) party. It is a great gathering of PC freaks to play multiplayer gmaes together to their hearts content.
                          If you, like me aren't a PC freak, then it helps to get to know some people who are PC freaks, and they can probably drag you along to one of these great gatherings.
                          They cna be great fun, especially if you are really into fps, that seems to be the dominant genre for these parties. One essential ingredient is caffiene, bawls is a great source of this helpful stimulant.
                          I'd rreccomend trying it at least once, and allowing yourself to get into it.
                          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Answer to the question of the thread:

I don't really know for sure... my best guess is that it was one of the many ad hoc LAN get togethers when my brother and I were home from college and invited a whole bunch of friends over to play whatever on the LAN we set up in our parents' house. I recall that Aliens vs. Predator, StarCraft, various Half-Life mods, Unreal, and even the occassional strategy game were popular.

I don't think the all-day fragging sessions on my college dorm wing count... seeing as those were ad hoc all day events, but we already lived in the same building to begin with... so whether this counts as a "LAN Party" where you invite people over is open to interpretation.

I remember playing the original Quake (with all of its various mods), Quake II, and eventually Unreal my freshman year of college with some 15-25 other guys in my dorm on a fairly regular basis. LAN play in such a situation is far superior... no worries about cheating because anyone who dares to blatantly cheat can get beat down by all the other guys on his floor. Furthermore, in the days before every FPS game worth its salt had its own voice communication system, being able to yell down the hallway at the punk you just fragged was a nice 'feature'.
                            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I've never played on-line (either LAN or on the net - well, apart from 'poly games), but I'm taking my laptop to Spike's house, and if Jamski remembers to bring the right cables then we could set something up. That would depend on how we feel though, so don't expect 24 hour NWN marathons.

Comment

Working...
                              X