Diss's very own Morrowind thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diss's very own Morrowind thread

I know we have another around here somewhere, but it hasn't been posted in ages I'd imagine. I'm not going to look for it

I'm getting back into this game. I've been trying to get into this game. I still have saves from early 2003 . I need to finish it. I was playing some last night, and trying to figure out which unfinished quests I have (I wish they seperated finished and unfinished quests ).

I have one quest for some family heirlooms for this lady outside of Caldera. It's supposed to be in some Den east of Caldera. I'm having trouble finding this Den. I did find some kind of crpyt with some tough enemies in it. I can kind of sorta kill them, but they hurt me bad. I think I'm level 6 so far btw.

Does anyone know where these family heirlooms are? Where is this Den?

And what's the best way to heal yourself? I have hearth heal, but I fail casting the spell most of the time. And then I run out of mana. How do I regenerate mana? And is there an easier way of taking healing potions? The only way I could figure out how to do it is click healing potions, bring the slider over to 1, and then move it on top of my paper doll. There has to be an easier way of doing this. Damn interface . Probably why I stopped playing before

This game is so huge I really don't know where to start. I'm currently doing fighters and mages guild quests. but I did go back to Caldera to try to finish this quest. I explored into the mountains to the east of Caldera. I crossed over to some wasteland area. I don't think it's going to be over the mountain range is it?

Also I seemed to have been diseased. I have 75% disease resistance (I think because of my sign). But somehow I managed to get diseased. How do I get rid of disease?

And finally. How do I make money? I'm poor. I want training and good weapons. I definately need weapons. In that crpyt I couldn't even hit that thing without a magic sword. Luickly I did have may iron sparksword or whatever.

Like I said, this game is so big, I almost don't know what to do. There are almost too many options.
    Last edited by Dis; August 24, 2004, 21:47.

I'm not going to restart

I already restarted like 3 times because I didn't like my other characters. I originally had an archer. But they were a pain in the ass without any henchmen. I could only get a few arrows off before they closed into melee range.

then I tried a fighter/mage wearing medium armour. I heard medium armour sucks so I abandoned that one.

Now I'm mostly a fighter wearing heavy armour. But I do have destruciton as a major skill. And I think restoration as a lesser one. Long Blades are my primary skill as well.

I'm still fairly early in the game. I've read through my journal. And it seems like this Caldera quest and my current fighters and thieves guild quests are the only ones open. for fighters guild I have to travel to another city because I can no longer get any quests at Balmora. And for mages guild I have to find some people in other cities. I just wanted to finish this Caldera quest before I left the area.

Comment

They do separate quests, the finished ones have a different color, grey I think
      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Be an alchemist. Go to the mage's guild on the far east side of the island, Wolverine Hall I think. Right below it is the imperial shine. There is a guy there who sells the ingredients needed to make as many healing potions as you want because he has an unlimited supply. That allows you to actually make money with extra healing potions. There is free alchemy gear in the top of the Caldera Mages guild. Do this and all your problems are solved.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

With the expansions, medium armour pwns.

If you can aquire a grand soul gem with a Golden Saint in it, you can make yourself a constant regen healing ring or such so you will never stay injured for long.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

so nobody knows where that den is?

That's the only problem I have with 3D graphics. It can be hard to find stuff. I'm not going to look all over the place for this stupid thing. I just hate having unifinished quests though

Comment

Morrowind has a lot of bad/useless quests. And that is one of them.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

i think east of caldera is that desert type terrain isnt it?(its been a while) - when those storms blow and it gets all red + dusty it becomes very hard to find some places, you just have to hope to a bit of luck that you'll stumble across them. the mission its self doesn't ring a bell.....bu there are so many its hard to tell

And i never had a problem with medium armour - i use nordic ring mail and i like it - it looks like real armour
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Am I the only one I know that actually finished the original campaign? Would be nice to meet some others.
                  Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                  Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                  7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I will finish it- eventually and without cheating like Tass mentioned.

Though I would like to find a good detailed walkthough. I wouldn't use it extensivly, but only when I'm stuck.

The 2 walkthroughs at gamefaq's seem to only cover the major portions. It doesn't look like they include every quest.

Comment

I finished the original one, too .

Walkthroughs on the site called UESP are great (do a Google, I hope it's alive still).

Destruction as a major skill for fighter isn't good. You're going to fight with swords anyway, and are not focusing on intelligence, so that's not too useful. A decent intelligence though helps with Restoration skill.

Money is the easiest thing in this game once you get past the very beggining. You can easily make as much as you want. When playing the game, I was routinely walking around with a few hundred thousand with me, though making a million or two isn't any harder. You just kill Ordinators and sell their armor. I'm not sure exactly, but I think the full set costed over 30k. There are plenty of such easy ways to get money, you may actually want not to resort to it so you feel rich with 10k gold and so that money is an issue.

In my great castle that I have, I also got some 100k scattered around in treasure vaults. Me like that .
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

that site is still up. Thanks. Looks like a cool site. I'll try to use it sparingly. I just hate it when I get stuck on a quest

turns out it is over the mountains and towards the north east- not east.

oh by the way. How do I cure disease?

I don't know why, but I'm really into this game. It's taking me over a year to finish. But I'm off to play right now I'll check back later. I'll look for a store to find some potions that cure disease I guess.
                        Last edited by Dis; August 26, 2004, 09:48.

Comment

A bit late methinks, but I think its Sushissihishisiisiiiii you're looking for.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                            so nobody knows where that den is?
                            Spoiler:
                            The den is just on the other side of the mountain (east of that woman/Caldera, same latitude). Find a way to go over that mountain - levitate or acrobat - or go the long way around.
                            The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              oh by the way. How do I cure disease?
                              Depends on the disease.
                              - for some, time will do
                              - for others, a potion of restore XXX is enough
                              - for others, cure disease potions, or a shrine
                              - for blight, you need a cure blight potion or a shrine
                              Shrines are to be found in some tombs or temple (in Balmora there's one).
                              Shrines are better, because they are usually cheaper and if you are not curable this way, or you chose the wrong option, you won't be charged.

BTW: If you have chosen the attronach as sign, shrines may also refill you with mana.
                              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                              X