Settlers of Catan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settlers of Catan

A bunch of people over at MZO (masterzen online, a poly refugee site) have taken up playing the classic game, Settlers of Catan.

We have been using the web-based game found here, which does not have any of the expansions.

We've tried a windows game called "NetSet", but are having trouble connecting to eachother, probably some port-related problem.

So, if you're interested in playing Settlers of Catan with us, join #Catan on Apolyton's IRC server (apolyton.net, port 6666)
    Last edited by Inverse Icarus; August 15, 2004, 23:02.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Badlink, it has "< b r" added to the end. (No spaces or quotes)
    I changed my signature

Comment

link fixed, thanks
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

What's "Settlers of Catan"?

< - to lazy to click link to figure it out

Comment

Settlers of Catan

No time for a game tonight, but maybe sometime later this week...

Comment

My internet decided to screw up last night, thats why I left.

Just got done reading the rules, sounds interesting. What time do you guys usually play a game, and how long do they usually last?
            I changed my signature

Comment

Uber KruX, Togas, Kloreep, and I tried to play a game last night and mrmitchell eventually came in to replace Uber KruX, but the server was INCREDIBLY LAGGY and kept dropping players at random or lagging up every 5 minutes or so.

Eventually, we just gave up on it.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I've played through that link before... when it isn't too busy (and you can't even get a connection), it usually runs fairly well. Must have been having an off-night.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

No one has answered my question...

Comment

Ok, we actually played a full game on there tonight and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      No one has answered my question...
                      To use a well-worn and beloved quote from the Apolyton Civ3 ISDG Community:

"You are lazy and you suck".

(meant in the most loving, friendly way possible, of course!)

Go click on the link.

Comment

Never

Comment

Settlers of Catan

a customizable board game of building and trading. Originally a German game, award winning in Germany and America. First came out in the 90's. Core game for 3 or 4 players. Expansions available for up to 6 players. Expansions that add things like seafaring and warfare. Licensed products: Settlers of Canaan, Settlers of Zarahemla. Also Sci Fi and card- only versions, stone age version. The only game in the series I've played yet is Zarahemla, although I bought the core Catan game and two of the expansions.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

[MZO X-Post]
                              When I get up to college, I hope to be abel to set up a webserver for my personal use on campus, and will install the Java TSoC on it.

I've also pondered whipping up a quick version in VB, shouldn't take longer than a week, but I'm still learning all the rules myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X