Recomend Xbox games for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felch
    I love Live because your victims are real people, but they aren't real close, and they don't know your real address. That makes all the difference when it comes to killing and trashtalking.
    I hate it for exactly the same reason. 50% of the people on there think it's ok to act like a dip**** because of the internet's anonimity. I didn't notice it as much with Unreal Tournament because of the game's pure deathmatch style, but with Splinter Cell PT it's nearly impossible to join someone else's game lately and have it be ok. Little ***** ass kids or even ***** ass adults that only care about winning and/or increasing their rank by glitching/cheating are ruining any kind of cohesive online community.

Trash talking is a great thing, but IMO you should only do it if #1 you can back it up and #2 you can be held accountable somehow. Otherwise you're just a punk, really.
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I rented a shooter called Chronicles of Riddick recently. It's surprisingly good. It's one of the best looking games on the Xbox right now. And it's quite fun! However, I heard that it's somewhat on the short side. (I haven't finished yet).
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

ESPN NFL 2k5 is a great American football game if you are into sports.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah I think I've had my filll of Halo 1. It is an alright FPS, but I've played better when it comes to multiplayer.
          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
            I hate it for exactly the same reason. 50% of the people on there think it's ok to act like a dip**** because of the internet's anonimity. I didn't notice it as much with Unreal Tournament because of the game's pure deathmatch style, but with Splinter Cell PT it's nearly impossible to join someone else's game lately and have it be ok. Little ***** ass kids or even ***** ass adults that only care about winning and/or increasing their rank by glitching/cheating are ruining any kind of cohesive online community.

Trash talking is a great thing, but IMO you should only do it if #1 you can back it up and #2 you can be held accountable somehow. Otherwise you're just a punk, really.
            Yeah, we have a personal rule of only trashtalking when we're winning.

Unreal was too fast in my opinion. It's difficult to really enjoy a game when you respawn, die immediately, respawn, kill somebody in a single rocket blast, miss eight or nine people, get killed, respawn . . . After a certain point I just stopped caring about what happened, it all went by so fast.

I prefer the pacing of the TFPSs, so I traded in UT for Ghost Recon. Crimson Skies so far is my favorite for the pace of the fights. You really savor a kill when it takes a couple passes and flips to earn it.

How can people use cheats and glitches? I figured it was a pretty secure network.

As far as only caring about winning, that is pretty lame. I mean, I figure most of the time that my goal is to make a good showing for myself, like a kill for every death or so. But people who'd cheat or do lame crap just to win aren't any fun to play with.

So Asher's Moosely and I'm Felchx0r, what's everybody else?
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Gamertag = TJ Hookor

Here's the deal with the cheating/glitching and my experience lately. I've been playing Splinter Cell PT pretty exclusively because the multiplayer is just phenomenal. If you haven't played it, it's played 2 vs. 2, spies vs. mercenaries. Spies are supposed to use stealth and cunning to reach and neutralize targets on different levels, while mercs use basically brute force to guard these targets.

Now, because the game takes a lot of skill play well (it has a very steep learning curve, especially to play as a spy) a ranking system is built into the game, which places a little level next to your name when you play. This is essentially the problem, because I swear to you 50% of people or more are more concerned with their rank then actually playing the game. This is where the cheating/glitching comes in.

Here's an example. I join a game with 3 people already in it. I'm a merc. When the game starts, instead of playing defense, my partner just starts killing me. Turns out he's buddies with the other two guys and they're trying to get their rank higher by jacking people because they don't have the skill to do it just by winning. Since I could give 2 ****s about my rank, I just leave the game, but many people will stay since leaving incurs a massive penalty to your rank usually.

There are also several unfixed bugs that people have really been exploiting just to gain pts. It is possible for a spy to teleport nearly anywhere in the map, through walls into places he's not allowed to be (like spawns). Mercs can also get into the spy spawn on several levels, usually by having one merc ride around on the other one's head then hop in (being on anyone's head is supposed to knock them out normally). There are also ways for mercs to become immune to smoke and their own frag grenades. There's one level, where if the merc kills himself with a grenade within the first 3 seconds of the game, the spy team will automatically win.

Despite all this crap, my friends and I have still largely been able to play good games, especially with people like us that we've found and added to our friends lists. However, we seem to be forced to host games rather than join them. There are so many people that tend to end the session or just kick you if they're losing. Sure it may be satisfying to know you were kicking the crap out of them that badly the first time, but after the 1000th time it just kind of sucks.

Anyway, that explains a little of how cheating/glitching works online. If anyone wants an explaination of how any of the glitches work I'd be happy to tell them. The game should get patched pretty soon anyway, and some are pretty fun to mess around with. Just don't do them in a game.
              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Damn those do sound like lame ass people to play with. I was considering getting Splinter Cell, but I figured I'd wait until it came down in price a bit more.

Anybody tried out Full Spectrum Warrior yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Felch
                  Damn those do sound like lame ass people to play with. I was considering getting Splinter Cell, but I figured I'd wait until it came down in price a bit more.

Anybody tried out Full Spectrum Warrior yet?
                  Full Spectrum Warrior is cool, but it's not what you think it is. It plays like a simplified RTS game really. You don't actually do any shooting or aiming. Instead you position your troops and give orders on what to shoot at. That's pretty much it. Graphics look damn good though.

Comment

I got Ninja Gaiden yesterday, and it is friggen sweet. I know a lot of folks here don't like action games, but it's worth a rental at the very least. The effort put into the animations and controls is outstanding. I just have to give props on it, I'm only up to chapter four, and I'm utterly blown away.

Comment

The Hurricane patch thing is on Live now for download.

New camera system, new wardrobes (hah), better AI, new levels, new baddies, etc. Free download too.

IGN says it's the best free download, ever. But they exaggerate a lot.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My XBox is at my boy's house. But tomorrow I'll get it back. I saw the content download thing on the box for the game, and wondered what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                          Morrowind if you cant get it for PC.

There arent many good games for x-box and most of the good ones are RPGs. (the only good ones Ive played so far have been rpgs, KOTOR and Morrowind)
                          My bad, I meoant Splinter Cell 1
                          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Working...
                          X