You MP experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You MP experience

Let's see who have how much MP experience?

Personally I haven't played that much MP... Here's a list of those I played a little (for as much as I can remember):

The Settlers III - Yes, I know... the first two games were better, but at the time of this game, I was constantly in MP mood, and I didn't have any other good MP games, so I ended up playing it much (not as much as the clans though)... it was fun (much better than SP)

UT - I used to play this over LAN with my buddies... countless of hours has been spent on this (compared to other fps games)

UT2k4 - Played it online for about a month... considering that I don't play fps that often, I did pretty well

Quake 2 - Played it a lot over LAN, but back then I was only connected to other computers 3 days per month (MAX)

When counting the hours spent on the fps games, compared to the hours spent online in S3, I have spent more time with S3

I have played other games MP... the following games I only played little:

Soldier of Fortune (I + II)
    AoE 2
    Street Wars
    Some I've forgot...

For the past two months I've only played 1 MP game: Doom 3 (just testing)
    This space is empty... or is it?

Oh, and I forgot CS, Action Half Life and just plain vanilla Half Life...

Comment

CIV II MP.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've only ever played Command & Conquer on LAN. That was years ago. Nothing else, other than 2-player games on Amiga and Playstation.

Comment

Very little AOE
          Some OFP
          Very little - not counting pbem - Civ3
          about 2 min of Unreal tournament
          A decent amount of Vietcong
          A decent amout of America's army.

MP is either a great thrill or a big waste of time. Regretably more of the latter, now take away all those younger than 16 and that would completely change IMO.

Like OMG, you suxxors, eleventhousandeightyeight pwn pwn pwn hack cheat....
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Quake 1 2 3, UT, Half-Life (DMC, CS and TFC too), AvP1, CtP1 and 2.

Played all FPS on a off except CS for 2 years from beta 6 and got bored and increasingly annoyed with the people playing it. Id never get heavily into any FPS again. Waste of life.

Ive had the best online games with CtP2 with more than 2 players.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              CIV II MP.
              I second that

Comment

So nobody's in any clan in any game?

I remember I once was in a clan in S3... the clan had 4 members (3 Germans who where all related)... While I was in the clan I never played one clan game, neither did the others in the clan

I know lots of people (IRL) who's in clans... most of them are in CS clans, but a few of them are in a Battelfield clan

Comment

I really need to play more mulitplayer. It seems too often I enjoy playing wi.. I mean by myself .

I have played a couple Civ3 multiplayer games. But those didn't do much for me. Same with SMAC. But I prefer single player for these games for some reason.

Neverwinter Nights is the game I've played the most multiplayer. But it can be hard finding a good group. I have been in a few though.

Diablo2 I played the most multiplayer as well. It pretty much is a multiplayer game. But far too often the other players go to fast. It's exhiliarating, but I still don't enjoy going that fast through the levels.

I think this is the year I will get my first MMORPG though. WOW, Everquest 2, or both.

Comment

I have not played any multi-player at this time. I did connect to one multi-player server for Neverwinter Nights, but have not done anything there yet. So I might get there someday, but still prefer to play against the computer, crap AI and all for TBS games.

Comment

You should try MP though, it just isn't the same as playing alone, the thrill of outwitting a human is so much more gratifying, especially if it's a 12 year old.

Remember, america's army is legally free.
                      -
                      Never been in a clan, and to be honest I'm not really interested anyway. I can understand kids liking the concept but that's about it.
                      Having said that, I wouldn't mind if some of us would get together and play the same game.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Never been in a clan, and to be honest I'm not really interested anyway. I can understand kids liking the concept but that's about it.
                        I reckon most of the really good clans are in their 20-30's. Big kids. All the clans formed by kids dissolve before they even play a match, too busy with homework i expect.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind if some of us would get together and play the same game.
                        We do, look in the MP sections of each civ forum.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Games I played in a clan

Quake1/TF
                          Diablo2
                          Starcraft
                          CS

I have a soul calibur and tekken "crew" we dont call it a "clan" in fighting games...
                          :-p

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                            You should try MP though, it just isn't the same as playing alone, the thrill of outwitting a human is so much more gratifying, especially if it's a 12 year old.

Remember, america's army is legally free.
                            -
                            I played a real time game of civ3. I never really felt like I outwitted him. I did expand better and develop better bases. But in the end, all I did was build more horseman than him and overrun him with horseman. It felt more like a RTS game. It was tough getting all my moves done before the turn timer ran out.

Comment

I used to play Doom 2 over my highschool LAN all the time

After that, a lot of Quake MP, followed up by some Starsiege Tribes. Then, as I got older, I got progressively more tired of playing with 14 year olds who only knew how to scream things I can't actually post here (maybe I'm generalizing, though; they very well may have been 25 year olds who only knew how to talk like that).

Tried Star Wars Galaxies for a while, but again, it's hard to enjoy an RPG when everyone around you is screaming in l337 and figuring out how to bend the game system to level up the fastest...

So, now it's mostly just Civ3 PBEMs for me! I still hold out hope for WoW, though maybe I'm just a dreamer...
                              I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Working...
                              X