No announcement yet.

My wishlist of coming games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you won't be disappointed. The sequel looks *exactly* like the original and appears to play *exactly* like the original... for whatever that's worth
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Is the AI any better?
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I hope it doesnt look exactly like the original, but also plays faster than doom3. Whats wrong with doom 3 in isometric 2d?
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

well now that Im done with "Car hunting:The rise of the stick shifts"

Im hoping to return to

"PC hunting:How low can you go?"

Once thats done, I'll probably get EU2, The Sims, maybe Civ3, maybe HOI, probably AOK, one or both of the Total War series, and maybe SC4. So no "new" games for a long time.

If PC hunting takes too long, I'm thinking about a TBS I dont have (Moo2, MoM) an RTS to give me a better understanding of the genre (WC2, TA, Kohan) or maybe another RPG (BG2, an older Elder Scrolls Game, Fallout, Pools of Radiance) or a wargame like TOAW.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I'm looking forward to Rome: Total War....

and nothing else.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Halo 2, and hopefully theri is a KOTOR 2 in the works!!!!!!
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                And you won't be disappointed. The sequel looks *exactly* like the original and appears to play *exactly* like the original... for whatever that's worth
                The same but better functionality is all I ask of that game. It did so well because it was so simple.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                  there is definately a KOTOR2 in the works. Being made by Obsidian.

I forgot to mention them in my above post. I'm definately looking forward to that.

The replayability is limited, but I did enjoy the first one quite a bit. And I think this one may be even better. With Black Isle guys doing the work. And hopefully they are programming it for the PC first, not the X-box. I'd like to see a few more PC features.

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                    There is. I saw it in a gaming magazine earlier this month.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The same but better functionality is all I ask of that game. It did so well because it was so simple.
                      Well personally, I think Mr. Sawyer is wasting his time with this sequel, since I doubt it will sell very well... unless of course Transport Tycoon I doesn't run on Windows XP (I have yet to try it) that's the only reason I can see for purchasing the new game as of yet.

Otherwise, they only appeared to add one or two features.

Maybe he'll update the stock market and that'll make it worth it.

Regardless, the original was a good game... but I just fear a rip-off sequel (at least if you already own game 1)

Colon: Can't say I know too much about the AI. I wouldn't expect too much though. But then again, what did you think of Roller Coaster Tycoon II's AI? It'll probably be about that level.

Although I can almost bet that the advertisers are saying that the AI will be better, the question is 'how much?'
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I've only played Transport tycoon once (a few years ago... so it was old at that time)... but it might have some potential

And about the AI:
                        Just because they've spent more time on the AI, doesn't make it better... In Settlers III the AI was bad, so Blue Byte took note on this in the sequel, by saying they've hired 3 AI programmers instead of just one... the AI in S4 was even worse than the AI in S3, even though it had 3 times as many programmers
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

i'm not looking forward to any pc games which isn't suprising given how few are being made. the only game i'd really like to see is a new ogre battle for ps2. i actually find more fun games going back in time and playing the ones i managed to miss.
                          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                            Colon: Can't say I know too much about the AI. I wouldn't expect too much though. But then again, what did you think of Roller Coaster Tycoon II's AI? It'll probably be about that level.

Although I can almost bet that the advertisers are saying that the AI will be better, the question is 'how much?'
                            The only 2 games I've obtained the past half decade or so are EU and Civ3 so I wouldn't know the slightest about Rollercoaster Tycoon's AI.

Is it capable of drawing straight tracks? (that implies a three- to fourfold increase of its AI)
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Psychonauts. Now also for the PC, which means I won't have to buy an X-Box!
                              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Beneath a Steel Sky II is gotta be worth a shot too.
                                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
                                X