No announcement yet.

Superpower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenies like those get my juices flowing.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Does look good ,so much detail. Have yet to buy SP2 as I have been modifing SP1 still and using editor to see what can come up with.
      I know from fan web sites for SP2 mods are helpig to make the AI a little beter. I dont care for so many wars breaking out at once ,turning the game into a warfest and making the game unplayable. The first one had this problem till Build 6 mod reblanced the game.
      I know that the SP2 1.4 patch gave a aggression setting at the start of the game -does it work?
      Also will this game work with 520 megs of Ram -P4-graphics card 128?

Comment

Well, they aren't gone. There are "issues" that they are trying to work out.

Here's the temporary forum:

And here's the official thread from the programmers about what's going on with them:
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I have checked that forum out. Fans are holding out for 1.5 patch as well as a SDK mod tool. Many in the web site have hope Jean Rene will do this.
          Its intense the SP fans. Hot and cold relationship but the fans are still hanging in there for a word from Jean R.
          They should just e-mail him (I will myself) that support for his games is still needed. Not to be a pest but to let him know that peple will support future projects.

Comment

I tried SP2 as it was just released, but there where too much information for me to handle. Didn't try the game that much though

I do like the 3D map
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It looks like Google Earth, but interactive.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

And nukable.

Comment

Would love to see a source code release for Superpower 1. Make a better interface and add more graphics for diplomacy and units.
                  Now the last mod made did wonders for the AI .Example the AI would trade techs with other nations to keep ahead of you and build units from the new tech they recieved.
                  AI did ok on cross water invasions and using two prong attacks to keep you off balance. But once the war was over the AI was very slow to rebuild its forces leaving it open for quick capture of its cities.
                  The only saving grace is the editor. I use it to set a group of nations as a single empire with each set to agree on who is thier enemies.
                  Roko has a web site on how to use editor the right way.

Comment

/me casts lvl4 Thread Necromancy + lvl25 Company Necromancy spells

Looks like Golem Labs has found a new investor and may be set for a comback. Maybe now the developers can get back to what they love: Developing.

Comment

It's fine, as long as it's not within the next year, as I just have too many games to play.

Comment

I welcome the news as Im a fan of Superpower 1. I hope this means Superpower 3 because I think its within GolemLabs grasp to make the perfect geopolitical sim. I mean this is what there known for and to change now would mean losing there fan base.

Comment

I'd be happy if they'd first fix some of the remaining problems with SP2 first, then worry about SP3. They've had some things sitting on the back-burner during all this and it'd be nice if they'd at least get those finished before getting us all worked up over the prospects of a new game.

Comment

Anyone still playing this game ?

Stilling modding files and making small inprovments using editor along with retraining AI.
                            A handful of mods by someone called Seven made many changes -new units-relations of nations -and improved AI tactics. Also a secnario call Crisis In The Sun shows how the game editor can add alot of replay value.
                            Still the best resource on the internet is SuperPower Help Book site by Roko.

Comment

Working...
                            X