No announcement yet.

Halo fans / Tinfoil hatters post here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo fans / Tinfoil hatters post here!

This is shaping out to be one of the most bizarre stories to ever grace the gaming world.

There was a cinematic Halo 2 trailer that was first played in theaters, but was released about a week ago to the internet. The trailer ends with a screen showing the Xbox logo, and under it, a link to the Xbox website. But for a few short frames, the link text changes...
    Attached Files
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

It remains like that for less than a second before changing back.

This is bizarre enough, but try actually going to the site.

Even weirder. It is as if a normal and personal site got taken over by a hacker.

The countdown timer will finish on August 24th. This is the date of the next Xbox magazine release.

The Halo community has gone pretty crazy for the past few days. The largest fan site actually is banning the use of the word "bee" in forum posts because they've been so thoroughly flooded with bizarre conspiracy theorys.

But what's scary is, there definitely is some bizarre conspiracy going on.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Literally.

This is freaking hilarious!

Comment

It's just an INTARNET MYSTERY!?!?@? advertising hype engine.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Literally.

This is freaking hilarious!
          What's horrible about this is that the owners of the site don't know what is going on. As in, they have absolutely nothing to do with Halo, Microsoft, Bungie, or anything else. They are just some girl and her aunt.

Comment

This is the blog site made by the girl after the site was hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
              This is the blog site made by the girl after the site was hacked.

Comment

If you want to actually read how this mystery is being sorted out by people, go here. I don't have an XBox nor am I interested in playing Halo 2, so I can study the hype machine without guilt. Alternate Reality Games are fun in a way. I never bother to take part though, I just somehow get lost since the game arrangers are throwing out massive amounts of information. I just read what the people are finding out.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'm aware of most of the threads. I'm a Halo fan. I decided to avoid discussing it on actual Halo sites, though, because they're flooded enough anyway.

BTW, check this out:

Someone pointed it out on halo.bungie.org, the main Halo fan site. Particularly notice the T-shirt that says 11 + 9 + 4 = 24.

Firstly, notice 24, the date in August that ILB counts down to. But also notice 11, 9, 4. Or 11/9/04. That happens to be the Halo 2 release date.

Also, that site appears to have changed a little. A few days ago, it also mentioned something about the world ending on August 24th.

The conspiracy continues to spread across the web!

Comment

The Cafeshops shop has been generally concluded to be an attempt to cash in on the actual game. So I wouldn't read too much into it.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                        The Cafeshops shop has been generally concluded to be an attempt to cash in on the actual game. So I wouldn't read too much into it.
                        Yea, I read that just a little while after making that post.

What's great is that even people who aren't in the conspiracy add to it!

Comment

Awesome marketing strategty
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                            Awesome marketing strategty

Yeah, people eat this crap up for some reason.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Nahh, this is just for fun.

And a good way of doing it too.
                              be free

Comment

Working...
                              X