Stardock games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stardock games

You may know Stardock since the developped Galactic Civilizations. They also provides their games through drengin.net and are planning to do either a sequel to Mastor Of Magic or (if they can't buy the rights) a fantasy TBS game.
    The news is they updated their drengin.net product suite into totalgaming.net which includes a lot of games, like Disciples II. If you have enough bandwidth to download gaes online, you should consider getting totalgaming.net. It's got several good games and is supposed to get one new game every month, which would net about 1 game for 8$ or so.
    I think this system of selling the games through the net is a very nice idea, particularly considering that many of the games I'm interested in never get to retail.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

yeah i heard about this... it seems interesting except for one thing. i think it costs $90 to sign up right? well, so far i wouldn't get $90 worth of games i'd want to play in return. maybe after they add some more games.
    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Yes they increased the price to about 90$, but then I had it for much less since I upgraded from Galciv some time ago.
      They say they'll be adding 1 game per month, and since this is one year worth of game, it makes a total cost of about 8$ per game, which is quite cheap. Even if you actually play only one game in three it's only 24$ per game, which remains acceptable.
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Diciples II?!

There goes the neighbourhood.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It sounds like a nice idea but Galciv bored me so its a little too much to pay for a no frills version of Disciples II. If another good game appears I may change my mind.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
          X