No announcement yet.

icewind dale question/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah that wasn't exactly great ai. just a cheating AI . I was always on guard for them appearing behind me.

Comment

The hook horror area has to be the worst programming decision ever on the part of Black Isle Studios. That area was just absolutely TEDIOUS and impossible to get by without either reloading or playing cheap... and stupidly enough the Duregar wouldn't attack the Hook Horrors even if I led them into their Halls... that doesn't even make sense! and it's the best tactic idea!
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

ok sorted now, cheers guys
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
          The hook horror area has to be the worst programming decision ever on the part of Black Isle Studios. That area was just absolutely TEDIOUS and impossible to get by without either reloading or playing cheap... and stupidly enough the Duregar wouldn't attack the Hook Horrors even if I led them into their Halls... that doesn't even make sense! and it's the best tactic idea!
          I didn't reload. Here's where Stoneskin and Mirror Image are very useful (oh crap, monsters on top of my mage, I'll cast Stoneskin so their attacks don't harm him). After the first encounter, I kept a fighter in the rear of my group. 3 charcters would attck one direction, and 3 the other direction. Not too hard.

The best 4th level spell in those Infinity Engine games is Stoneskin. I keep at least 2 memorized at all times.

Comment

I ALWAYS have stoneskin on the whole party in IWD2 as soon as I can, also protection from evil, emotion : courage and emotion : hope. The fighters get Bull's Strength and Endurance, the mages get Mirror image, everyone gets Bless and Aid, and as the enemies charge, Prayer. That is my MINIMUM buffing. Haste/mass haste for the tougher battles, resist elements for mage battles, Barkskin and Luck also play their parts, as does..... well... if its a protective spell, I cast it. In battles my mages are mostly spectators - they already did the work that will win the battle for my party.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The EASE OF USE PACK for IWD2 lets you skip the "battle squares" and get the reward
              What is the reward, by the way.

thanks for the new hints
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
              X