icewind dale question/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icewind dale question/help

ok, i've never really been into RPGs but i've had too much free time lately and have started playing IWD again, and i've got a bit stuck

in chapter IV, i've got to the bit under dorn's deep with the lich, i've killed him and got his key and lifestone (or whatever it's called) but i can't get through the door at the end of the bit where you find his lifestone, even though one of the other characters said that you just needed the key to open it, i've tried but it just says it's locked.

any ideas?
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Erm... don't you need to destroy the life stone by putting it in the innocent child's coffin?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

oh, while we're at it- in Icewind Dale II Jamski, I'm in Chapter VII (I think) and you remember the cells in Dragon's Eye level one- well, I can't release the prisoners... I'm on level 3 right now, but am willing to go back since I think that could help.

I know the release has something to do with the torture chamber... but what? My rogue is having a hard time figuring out what to do.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/icew...chapter4.shtml
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

The corner wheel of the rack must be turned to open the cells. It won't highlight blue, but you'll get the mouse pointer change when you mouseover it. It casts Fear when you do so, so open it with a Paladin (immune to fear) to be a smartass

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

That would explain it... I kept hitting ALT, but couldn't find anything highlighted!

thanks!
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I can't remember much of these games, but they were pretty cool games. I just had to mention that. A lot of people didn't like IWD2, but I enjoyed it. Though that game you play on the chess board thingy is annoying and long.

Comment

The EASE OF USE PACK for IWD2 lets you skip the "battle squares" and get the reward.

YAY

-jam

Comment

I have an ID1 question - where do you get those seeds and plants for the aborethum in the Corolan tower of Severed hand? I'm already in the large cave in Wyrm's Tooth and still no sight of it. did I miss it anywhere?

Comment

Oh god... good question... you'll want the small animals too... hmmm....

Its MUCH later, I can tell you that, and I think you'll come across them in the course of the game anyway...

/me tries to remember*

-Jam

Comment

I can't remember much of these games, but they were pretty cool games. I just had to mention that. A lot of people didn't like IWD2, but I enjoyed it. Though that game you play on the chess board thingy is annoying and long.
                      I just didn't do that part of the game
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

I do want to play IWD2 again, whenever my brother finishes it. He plays it at work. So it's taking him a long time to finish it.

It doesn't have attacks of opportunity, that is one glaring ommission from 3rd edition rules. This makes mages much more powerful. esp. since they still have spells like sunfire (NWN doesn't seem to have this spell). Just stand in the middle of a huge group of enemies with your sorcerer and just cast 2 or 3 of these, and they will all be dead. I recommend stoneskin and mirror image as well

But they did a pretty good job with that old engine.

Comment

I never figure out how to use stoneskin or mirror image to any sort of advantage... then again, I'm a really terrible player of these games
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

if you play IWD2 you better . Or you will be in for a ride.

The AI in IWD2 is pretty good- or annoying depending on how you look at it. The monsters have a habit of running round your fighters and attacking your mages. In dungeons you can usually hold up a "line" fairly well with your fighters, but in open areas you have to watch for those who want to sneak around your line.

I found even minor mirror image was pretty handy. Because chapter 1 is probably the hardest of the game when your mages are still weak. Yes I had 1 mage and 2 sorcerers. But I also had 3 characters that were strong enough to handle the front line.

Comment

Well, I'm at an impassee right now in Dragon's eye level 4... since I can't save, I keep having to replay about 20 minutes to get to a point where I keep dying in traps/ambushes. (I idiotically forgot to level up my rogue in Disable Trap... so he's a level 11 rogue or so with a 9 in Disable Trap :embarrassed: )

My party is:

1 Sorceress
                              1 Wizard Aasimar (Who I idiotically forbid from the Evocation School... no magic missile- completely useless until he reached level 6)
                              1 Barbarian 1/2 orc
                              1 Paladin 1/2 elf
                              1 Ranger Elf
                              1 Rogue Halfling

-
                              Well, I agree with your statement- when fighting the hook horrors in the duregar area- that was disgusting- so many reloads because the **** things kept appearing behind me
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                              X