Racing Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Games

I don't know why, but I've gotten an urge to play a racing game for some reason, all of a sudden.

What are some good ones? Preferably I'd like games where you can design or modifiy the vehicles (hopefully beyond simply upgrading parts to be better as you progress through the game).
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Need for speed underground has kept me busy for the last week or so. Not exactly what you are looking for but close.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

The only car-related game I have is Vice City. Not quite what you are after, either. Actually, not close at all.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I like Mario Kart: Double Dash

Comment

mario kart, need for speed and midnight club 2 are all good
          :-p

Comment

Need for speed: porshe unleashed

Older but a really good game.
            -
            Do you want an arcade or sim btw?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Need for speed underground has some upgrading, but not much, and even on hard you have too much cash, so whenever you can upgrade (upgrades are locked), you have enough money to not to worry about spending it
              And the game is too arcade for me...
              The only good parts in the game is the skinning: There's tons of options to skin the car to your liking... but it has some very annoying bugs; You can't skin the hood unless you use the basic hood, and sometimes you can use a special hood (which boosts your car in some way), but this hood can't even be changed in color, and you can't chose a color for the rest of the car to fit the color of this hood... looks awfull
              The drafting mode is interesting though... I once kept a history for how much I could make, but I've thrown it away, but IIRC I managed to get just above 100,000 in one drift
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

For now there's only one racing game that I still like to play: Revolt
                I just love the sillyness of this game... even though it's an old game, I still play it from time to time

Comment

Yes Re-volt is so simple its additctive. The sound the cars make its like you cant stop listening. I also love Sega Rally 1/2.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Has anyone played Trackmania? It looks like a remake of the classic Stunts.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm playing Grand Prix 3, but it is not what you're looking for either.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                        Has anyone played Trackmania? It looks like a remake of the classic Stunts.
                        I thought it was, but it's only a let down... I'd rather play stunts than Trackmania... the editor in Stunts is better also...

Comment

Streets of Sim City was fun, too. Not exactly a racing game, but lots of customization. But it's really old.

Comment

Speaking of old games, I loooove Death Rally. Probably not what you are looking for either though.
                            XBox Live: VovanSim
                            xbox.com (login required)
                            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                            Spore page

Comment

Death Rally

Driving against Duke Nukem

Comment

Working...
                              X