I'm gonna get Warcraft III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna get Warcraft III

I've played it a couple times and I really like it. I think I'm gonna get it. Anyone here play it?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Yes, I played it for a while. Bit cartoony, and a bit too much going on all at once for a game without a pause, but it was ok.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I liked all those new races and units but there is just too much action and very little strategy in the game

I finished the campaigns though

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler
        I liked all those new races and units but there is just too much action and very little strategy in the game

My thoughts exactly...

The differences in the races are great, other games should take note to this... But on the fun part, this game should take note on other games (like RoN)
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

And when talking about graphics, this game really lacks 'behind'... at the time this game was released I hated the graphics... and I still do

Comment

I got bored about half way through the campaign.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

I liked it well enough that I'll pick up the frozen throne (later).
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

wc3 is all about multiplayer(i think the single player is a bore) and, yes it does have lots of strategy/tactics. the problem with wc3 is how hardcore you have to be to really appreciate it. it's really frustrating to play online if you aren't already good at rts games because things are so fast and fluid not to mention deep. if the game was 10x slower(or a tbs) people probably could follow all the gameplay but since it's so fast people get lost.

it reminds me of an argument quake players have. quake 2 players say quake 2's gameplay is better because you have to time and think about everything since everything happens slowly(compared to other quakes anyways). the fact of the matter is though that games like quake 1 or quake 3 have all the gameplay of quake 2 but everything just goes much quicker.
                Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

I have, some of the user created use mission settings maps are fun, but the standard melee is not.

Comment

I am a well known rabid WC3 fan, but pg has it. In truth, though it's a perfectly playable game with some varied campaigns, SP RTS can get a little boring.

MP is where it's at, and for MP TFT is undeniably brilliant. If you like MP RTS (or are especially fond of RTS in SP) then get it, and say goodbye to your life. If not, buy something else.

Death to all Night Elves!

Comment

I love it - I recently completed the vanilla single player campiagn and am now almost 1/3 thru the expansion.

The thing is that on the normal mode I find the game toooo easy and on the hard mode, it's very hard. I suppose if you were to play the normal first, the hard mode will be a bit easier.

Maps have a lot of secrets and surprises so it's worthwhile to really explore or of course you could look up a walkthrough somewhere on the 'Net .

I find all races fun to play in their own ways.
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        I am a well known rabid WC3 fan, but pg has it. In truth, though it's a perfectly playable game with some varied campaigns, SP RTS can get a little boring.
                        I enjoyed the AOE SP campaigns, particularly the Ascent of Egypt tutorial campaign, and the Rise of Rome Campaigns - and some really excellent, surprisingly historically accurate users made campaigns.

Is it just me, or is there something about AOE (its historical setting?) that makes it better in SP? Hows RON in SP campaigns?
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

AOE2/AOM/RoN are all games I didn't finish the SP campaigns to. WC3 (and TFT) I found more compelling, and SC I finished the SP campaigns also.

But I am not really representative I suspect - RTS was made for MP, and SP just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                            Is it just me, or is there something about AOE (its historical setting?) that makes it better in SP? Hows RON in SP campaigns?
                            I didn't like AoE's (1 + 2) SP mode for some reason, and I only played AoE2 once MP, and it wasn't really that interesting either, but that might have to do with the fact that I was on team with one who after 1 hour only had built very few buildings and none units... he was wiped out after 1 hour... The other two had played the game several times, while I haven't played it before, but I still managed to wipe the two other players out easily...

RoN's campaign is not like AoE's campaign, but gives more options like who to go to war with and where to attack... also signing aliances is among the possibilities... Different land gives different bonuses
                            I prefer this Civ'ish campaign

Comment

Yes, I played it for a while. Bit cartoony, and a bit too much going on all at once for a game without a pause, but it was ok.

-Jam

Originally posted by Juggler

I finished the campaigns though
                              its really funnny to hear TBS player say this about action packed games such as Warcraft. Here we have gamers that play civ type games, a game that requires a bit of strategy and thinking, and once you give them a fast paced, time ticking fast action games, they dont like it because theres too much going on too fast or theres little strategy.

Game isnt that fast. Not compared to SC (even on normal setting). Because of higher HP battle lasts longer. Yes you cant do all you want in limited time, but thats how it goes. You gotta try to do as much as you can. Thats part of the game. And whoever can manage more in short amount of time is the better player. Thats part of being better.

Game should be observed carefully before just being passed as no strategy brainless game. Just because you played it brainlessly agst some cpu or stupid opponent doesnt mean its a brainless game.
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X