Mmotbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmotbs

Ok so it's not really MMO, but I couldn't resist the title.

Anyone seen this, or played it? It sounds quite interesting. TBS is such a hard genre to get to work in MP as compared to FPS/RTS, I'm intrigued with what they have done here.

The game admittedly looks quite simple, but there are a lot of units with various abilities.

It's like Final Fantasy Tactics, minus the interesting terrain.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I've been playing this morning. It's quite addictive.

Comment

hmm.......it looks a little like MoM, er i mean LoM........damnit not again!

Is it very magic biased? Or can you compete well enough with brute force?
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Well you have some flexibility but 3 knights, a lightning ward, a barrier ward, a cleric, an enchantress, a witch, a scout and an assassin is my setup of choice at the moment, though I am new to the game.

Comment

looks cool maybe i'll check it out...
            Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

I don't know if I'll play it past today, since I have lots of games lined up. However, it is deceptively complex, and with different unit formations and slightly different unit compositions used by every player, no two games are the same.

Comment

Unless you are playing Tic Tac Toe, no two games of any game are the same.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well true, but right from the first move the game is different, and different strategies are relevant. This is not true of chess, or even many TBS games like Civ where, although the games are different, the openings are very similar.

Comment

Well, if you had said that originally...
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

So what are your guys accounts/server.

I'm Gamecube64 on armageddon
                      Last edited by Gamecube64; July 16, 2004, 13:44.
                      I changed my signature

Comment

I'm on the one on the far right (I forget the name) as DrSpike.

I thought someone had logged in from here earlier, as there was a player called Spike is best. They refused to play me though.

Comment

that would be armageddon
                          I changed my signature

Comment

Yeah I saw you there, but you were playing. I'm quitting for today now, since I just lost a marathon game due to an unbelievably fluky string of blocks against the odds.

I might be on this weekend though.

Comment

Thanks, spikey I'll check it out later.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X