Pre-order Master of Magic 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-order Master of Magic 2!

I posted a thread about it before, but now it seems much more likely. More info here .

They don't have to acquire the rights. They can just make a spiritual descendant.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Stardock will do a fantasy tbs game no matter what. However, they are considering making it a sequel because it would appeal to more people and, also, it's been 10 years since people have been wanting a sequel. I think it would be good if they labelled it MoM2 because it would sell better, thereby making Stardock better known. Considering the quality of their products, I think it would be a good thing. Most developpers don't come near them in terms of quality and support of their products.
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I have never been able to see the attraction of MoM. Looked like a Civ wannabe with some random junk piled on top.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          I have never been able to see the attraction of MoM. Looked like a Civ wannabe with some random junk piled on top.
          It reminded me of 'Warlords BattleCry' more than anything, but with a much slower tbs based game style, except for the combat which was real time.
          It had some nice ideas(and an overall fun flavour) - but even after much patching had a few odd bits that didnt quite work 100%. Still for the time it was a sophisticated(maybe too sophisticated?) design/game.

It had landscape that looked like it was from SMAC, but not so red .
          Hero led armies and you could improve your hero's the longer they stayed alive(which was the difficult part!). Strategic resources/buildings and plenty of replay value with all the different races you could play.

But it sort of missed something for me - that something that keeps you up night after night.

Still a remake is definately worth a try, we need all the strategic/tbs type games we can get, before we all drown in movie spin offs!!
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I think you're mixing it up with something else.

Landscape was 2d from above, looked like Civ1, NOTHING like SMAC.
            Combat was turnbased.

Its part of the MoO series, not really related to the Civ series.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Whatever it is, after Moo3 I'll wait for others to drop their money and review a game before I buy it.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

MoM's much more like civ than MoO.
                It just has got a flavour of magic instead of a flavour of history. Warlords Battlecry is way younger than MoM (and imo worse since it lacks building-up). Also it had a second plane, which probably inspired civ2 ToT (but MoM's handling of it was way better).
                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I'd buy a modern reinterpretation of MoM but I'm not going to preorder it before it is written. Galciv was deadly dull imo so I can't trust them to make a game with that 'one more turn' feeling.

@child of Thor: I think you are confusing this with the Sierra Lords of Magic game. Microproses' MoM is much older.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                    I think you're mixing it up with something else.

Landscape was 2d from above, looked like Civ1, NOTHING like SMAC.
                    Combat was turnbased.

-Jam
                    [coT slaps face and does a good doh!] MoM..........i was thinking LoM

Moo/Poo
                    MoM/LoM.........it's so hard to get them all right all the time

Never played MoM - so sorry to Urban Ranger, i'll crawl back behind my keyboard and watch from the sidelines.
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

didn't care for galciv, but will keep an eye out on this and its reviews.

Comment

Galciv proved they could do a sequel, because galciv was a sequel to the OS2 game galciv. Brad Wardell stated that if he made MoM2 he would do something minimalist (i.e. better ai and modern graphics).

Comment

Working...
                        X