Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least you're consistent, Spike.

"Punish" might be too strong a word, but the point of the -1 is to discourage people (and kermit stands proudly among them) from making dumb guesses when there's only one guess left.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

It's a bit harsh though... I know that I won't be guessing when there's only one guess left unless I know I'm dead right at that point. And if Spikie's choosing the word, there's almost zero chance of anyone knowing a letter, let alone the word.

I say leave off the -1. Where is Kermit anyway, not seen him guessing in ages
      Play hangman.

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
        Well, at least you're consistent, Spike.

"Punish" might be too strong a word, but the point of the -1 is to discourage people (and kermit stands proudly among them) from making dumb guesses when there's only one guess left.
        Like last time, it is a reasonable suggestion, but it's just not right IMO to backdate any changes. Backdating this one is in fact even worse than last time.

Comment

C O _ E D

4 guesses remaining.

Used: i t a r h n

Oh, and I also say no to the -1 for hanging a man. After all, the name of the game is hangman...

Comment

coped

Comment

I say no to the -1 for hanging. People will stop guessing when it gets to the last letter. Backdating is even worse - some people may have offed the word as a mercy-killing.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Alright then, no -1. I was really looking forward to the public shaming, though...

On the off chance Kuciwalker isn't right, I guess coked (as in, "to the gills")
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I hate these words! That's why I asked for change in rule 7 to:

7. Incorrect word guesses don't count as losing a life.

Now, to guess the word would be equivalent to rolling a dice. So I won't guess the word this time.
                  By the way, this word probably won't be guessed correctly.

Comment

All you have to do is guess the final letter instead, Lj-lj.

Comment

[b]N[/n]
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

N has already been guessed, alva.

Comment

cowed

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
                            I hate these words! That's why I asked for change in rule 7 to:

7. Incorrect word guesses don't count as losing a life.
                            You don't need to guess a word.

If you guessed a letter, and it was wrong, you'd get penalized. But according to you, you can blab anything you want and not get penalized. That's real bull****.

Comment

Yes, we've been through this when someone else claimed word guesses shouldn't count as losing a life. I said it was silly then and it's still silly now.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                                cowed
                                I thought only coped and coked were possibilities!

There've already been two guesses, though, so you'll have to wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X