Old software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old software

I've just bought legal copies of SMAC, Thief II, Alone in the Dark and Might and Magic 6 for 32 euro total.

Was that a bargain or a rip off?

Legal copies are, more often then not, rip-offs.

But a euro is roughly double that of the american dollar, right? In which case I think that was about as expensive as could be without going into the realm of "rip off". Games like that usually go for about $10-16 (which would be 5-8 euros on my internal conversion rates) and you paid 8 each.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

But a euro is roughly double that of the american dollar, right?

No, they're about the same.

EDIT: more like 1 euro = a dollar and a quarter

Comment

A euro is in fact roughly the same as the dollar. I'd say that was a good haul.

Comment

Ok, so it's roughly double a Canadian dollar and I'll stand by what I said.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Thanks for that download king.

Just over a fiver (£) for a game! It's good value on this side of the pond!

Comment

Dont know about the other games, but SMAC (new - shovelware jewelcase version) was $10 a couple of years ago - so at implicit price of $8 its a good deal but not great. Dont know about the others.

But look at it this way - you got 4 games, which are all thoroughly patched, and reviewed, that you know are good games, with heaps of gameplay, and with scens/mods available, for less than the price of one new game.

I dont consider SMAC one of my favorites but i still got - I dont know - at least 25 or 30 hours of gameplay out of it - and i may yet load it up again. I presume if youve checked them out to see if they match your tastes, you'll get at least that much out of the other games as well.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Now you've bought SMAC you can go to Skanky's forum and spam your way to deityhood make interesting, informed posts.

Let us know how you enjoy these games LL!

Comment

Its my forum now is it?
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well, the only thing left after Deity is a custom title, no?
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

to me it was a good deal. hell, even if it was just SMAC it would have been a good deal.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Now I can finally play SMAC MP with Jamski and Skanky

Comment

I would have shelled 32 euros for Thief 2 and SMAC alone. (Assuming I'd never had SMAC before.) 32 usually buys you a new expansion pack or a moderately old game in this neck of the woods, new games are 50 and very old stuff is about 16.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Alone in the Dark should cost about 0, though.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Old software

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
                              I've just bought legal copies of SMAC, Thief II, Alone in the Dark and Might and Magic 6 for 32 euro total.
                              Good stuff, like people said.
                              XBox Live: VovanSim
                              xbox.com (login required)
                              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                              Spore page

Comment

Working...
                              X