RTS games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTS games

we have been playing a lot of starcraft at my house and am looking for something new

while I remember having fun with Warcraft 3 before, this time we just had a lot of frustration and several of the players didn't have fun

so suggest me some other games!

(I personally like RoN, but a couple of the players aren't very interested, someone else like C&C Generals, but it seems a step back to me)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Play Warcraft3 and disown the members of the group that say they don't like it.

Comment

It doesn't really get much better than Starcraft.

Although Total Anhilation might be worth trying - especially with some of the mods for it.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Speaking of Starcraft, I wish I could find my broodwars CD....

I don't suppose there's any way of bypassing the CD key requirement?
        Last edited by General Ludd; July 7, 2004, 20:10.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

No, you can cd hack someone but that's mean. Hunt again for the cd.

Comment

if u try to play warcraft like u played starcraft u will be frustrated.

Its a problem I also had. Its a problem almost everyone has when they play a "sequel" of a game while the gameplay and system has been totally changed.... People sort of expect same style of play is gonna let them play well and when it doesnt they get frustrated..
            :-p

Comment

Warcraft3 didn't bother me too much in that it was a 'sequel' that wasn't what you expected, I just saw it as a game in the same genre. I still prefer Starcraft I have to admit.

The tax system (the more of your supply limit you use up the less you get from mines) in Warcraft 3 annoyed me a bit - but I can see why it was implemented.
              Last edited by Dauphin; July 11, 2004, 13:02.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
              X