No announcement yet.

FG: Society III Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /me predicts this game will end this turn (as soon as Jonny gets his orders in that is) and further that it will come down to spies. Not sure if everyone only has one spy left, but depending on where the spy is sent and who successfully sabotages who, the spaceship should get built this turn I predict.
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sparrowhawk... you've been wrong before
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Orders coming in a few minutes...

EDIT: Orders in now.
        Last edited by Jonny; August 3, 2004, 11:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
          Sparrowhawk... you've been wrong before
          You mean my earlier prediction that I would have won this game about 4 turns ago? (oops, I didn't tell any of you that one )

Seriously though, I agree with you, this game has gone on much longer then I would have predicted (and have predicted more then once ), and has been well played by all (thouse still alive and those eliminated), I look forward to seeing how it ends.
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• When's the turn being processed?

Comment

Turn 14

Espionage
              Skanky Burns sent his spy again on assassination missions, to Spaced Cowboy. Meanwhile Jonny's spy was busy setting the self-destruct sequence on Spaced's ship.

Code:
              Trade
              Code:
              Skanky Burns ----> Jonny
                               15 caravans 6750/5063
              Jonny --------------> Skanky Burns
                               15 caravans 5063/6750
              Spaced Cowboy -> Jonny
                               15 caravans 5063/6750
              Warcraft: Virgins and Cowboys
              Spaced Cowboy and Skanky Burns both attacked eachother, they two way attack looked like this,
              38685 vs 30975.
              Skanky won and broke through with 514 casualties, while all of the enemy cowboys died. Skanky then proceeded into Spaced territory, broke the garrison, and took the country 3 and 2/3rd times over.

Space Race Finished! ...but wait... Wonder victory achieved too?
              Jonny completed his Space Ship, but Skanky Burns had achieved 11 wonders, enough for a wonder victory... perplexing.

Victory
              Skanky Burns is declared ruler of Earth, Jonny is declared ruler of Alpha Centauri.

Hall of Fame
              Spaced Cowboy - Society I (Domination)
              Gamecube64 - Society II (Domination)
              Skanky Burns - Society III (Wonder)
              Jonny - Society III (Space Race)
              I changed my signature

Comment

• Okay I'll accept this finish, but how did Skanky and Jonny trade if they were at war? Seems like there needs to be a turn of peace (public) offering. The results of the battle would have been different with no trade income for the Skank.

Anyhow, like I said, no turning back now, just looking for clarification for next game.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Jonny wins. War happens after production.

Comment

• Yes, but the turn has to be played to its entirety before victory, or else someone could get eliminated on the turn they build the ship, yet still win...
                    I changed my signature

Comment

• Yay, dual victory!

I knew with Jonny's income I had no chance to win the space-race, so I went all-out in my attack instead. Hooray!

Jonny and I had agreed to trade that turn.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        I knew with Jonny's income I had no chance to win the space-race, so I went all-out in my attack instead. Hooray!

Jonny and I had agreed to trade that turn.
                        Sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy to me!

If you hadn't agreed to trade with Jonny, as he was at war with both you and Spaced, he would not have been able to trade with anyone would he?

Not sure who would have had more money then (the Nascar Wonder seems pretty useless until everyone is at war with everyone, at which point it might have been very useful to you).

But, as Spaced has correctly pointed out, the point is now moot, the game is over.

Well played all, and congrats Skanky and Jonny. (Sounds like a cheesy movie )

I had hoped to volunteer to GM the next game, but the timing is bad for me as I am away this weekend.

Comment

• He started the turn with 21491 gold compared to my 5780 gold, so I didn't have a chance. Unless he decided to spend over 16000 on military and I survived Spaced's immenent attack as well. Both very long shots.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Good Point!

Comment

• Great game. Well played and Gm'd, everyone.
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Hey Sparrow, I'm sure the sign up thread would last until next week if your offer to GM is still good? In other words, you could leave it up that long to get the crowd in.
                                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X