Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Sierra

http://www.allowe.com/Larry/8news.htm - Look at the bottom of the page

I hope this has no influence on the upcoming Larry game...
    This space is empty... or is it?

well following some of the links about that story, it did say the name would live on in Half-life etc, but no mention of the Larry game

Vivendi......hmmm they the ones that did the 'hyped' Riddick game that offered a huge 12hrs approx of gameplay...........never rated them as a true gamers publishers anyway
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I've never heard the name Vivendi before... at least of what I remember)...

Comment

Which might explain their predicamnet I know them for producing/publishing fairly poor games - mostly garish 3D games with little content beyond the visuals.

At least thats my impression of what their name means to me.
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Except that they owned Blizzard, and maybe even still do.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

But Blizzard haven't created any good games since Warcraft 2

Comment

Vivendi Universal is a massive entertainment group worldwide, and the games branch can be found at: http://www.vugames.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                Idiots.

If you don't play MP you will *never* appreciate what Blizzard is to the gaming world.

Comment

Ok, admitted... maybe they make good MP games... but at SP, they suck

Comment

Sierra bought out Impressions (makers of Caesar) and Dynamix (Makers of Willy Beamish/some other gmaes)

Then CDC bought them out.

then a French Sewage company bought them out.

Then vivendi bought Blizzard and a few other properties.

then vivendi bought Sierra from the French.

And that's how we get where we are today
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Anyone hear anything about how this might affect plans for another No One Lives Forever game?
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It seems as though the industry is starting to drift back from the "huge bloated game companies" part of the cycle towards the "small sink-or-swim game companies" part. Interplay's in trouble, Sierra's in trouble...

'Course, last I heard, Sony's making money hand over fist. I consider them to be far more console based than PC-based, though.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Sony isn't doing so well.

Sony profits

Although that's last years. This years due out soonish.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                            Have you been living in a cave?
                            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

He's wrong.

Blizzard games suck horribly in single player mode. And some suck no matter what.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X