• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your starcraft build order

I have been playing starcraft with ym freinds a decent ammou ntrecently

most often we play and kick the computers ass

sometime we play versus

now none of us are that good, but I am just wondering what others build orders are

I usually play zerg and it goes often like this, although I have many variants

build drones (till I have 9)

wait until I have 200 minerals, than build a spawing pool (so 8 drones), start building another drone

start building another overlord, use newly built drone to make an extractor, start building another drone

use newly build drone to mine more minerals (usually, although sometimes I build an evolution chamber)

start making two more drones (to get gas)

spawning pool completes morphing here, next three larva become 6 zerglings

if I feel pretty safe (big map or some other such thing) I build 2 drones next (so that I have 10 drones mining minerals and 1 evolution chamber (which does the melee upgrade after the speed upgrade))

once I reach 100 gas I start mutating my hatchery into a lair, 100 after that are for the speed upgrade

usually here is about another hatchery time, and a queens nest so that I can upgrade to hive and get the faster attack upgrade

I don't attack until I have the speed upgrade, and generally go mass zerglings (which doesn't work as well against a well set up human player as against the computer)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Millions of zerglings
    Zerglings for me
    Millions of zerglings
    Zerglings for free
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

yah

I routinely have had 500 units by the end of the game

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Zergs are so awesome. Protoss and Terrans are neat in their own ways but Zergs, muhahahaha!
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I like to mix it up, and having one set build order = beign predictable = losing a lot.

More generally, I like to pick 2 strategies, a main strategy and a backup, and shift my build to accomodate them. For instance: maybe if Terran, first try and slip a bunker near my opponent's start undetected, with a mass of Wraiths as backup (if they're not Zerg and thereby have free detectors).
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

It really depends who I'm playing against. If it's one group of friends, I know I have to jump to terran barracks fast and rush in under 5 because they take forever to get started. Another friend always plays protoss so I go for firebats and trikes...
            cIV list: cheats
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

as I said I have variants

including where I go for lurkers and hydralisks, and another where I go for guardians and mutalisks (I am not very good at this one)

also I have earlier attacks and later ones

my earlier variant has me stopping building drones at 8, and building a spawning pool than, and starting to build a 2nd overlord ealier as well as not building the extra drones (To get gas) so that I have 3 larva the instant that the spawning pool is done morphing

with this variant I build a second hatchery ealier (With the minerals I gain from not doing the early lair)

this strategy is weaker against the computer though, although I think that it is important against humans

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
              X