Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/me is on the edge of his seat*

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I can't believe this. I was sure I was going to die.

And I emerge unscratched.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
        * Jamski is on the edge of his seat*

-Jam
        I'm so happy to see you back Jam!

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
          7 hours is not very soon. If Ljube doesn't send in orders the next time he's online, I'm gonna process without him.
          Well Smiley, you of all people should know that this game includes secret diplomacy. Remeber how many PMs you and I exchanged in the round I eliminated you

Comment

Code:
            ADMIRAL VLAD
            -----------------------
            14 TT/L
             3 FG/L
            Lasers: 73
            14 TT/F
             1 BB/F
             3 CA/F
            Fighters: 76
            15 TT/T
             3 FG/T
            Torpedoes: 78

Order of Battle:
            FLF-TLT
            Bunch together, Close in

ADMIRAL SKANKY
            -----------------------
            28 TT/L
            Lasers: 140
            21 TT/F
             1 BB/F
            Fighters: 108
            29 TT/T
            Torpedoes: 145

Order of Battle:
            TTF-FLL
            Back off, Spread out
            With two very different strategies, the battle looked like it would be quite intense. Vlad massed his ships in the Doomstar formation and powered them to ramming speed.
            Skanky was not as inclined for a heated battle, and backed his ships off, and spread them out.

Code:
            RAW DATA
            Vlad          Skanky
            -----------------------------------
            76 fighters   140 torpedoes
            73 lasers     140 torpedoes
            76 fighters   108 fighters
            78 torpedoes  108 fighters
            73 lasers     140 lasers
            78 torpedoes  140 lasers
            The battle began with Vlad launching a wave of fighters at Skanky's torpedo ships. It looked like it would be a great victory, as Skanky's ships were isolated and hard to protect. However, his torpedoes were threatening Vlad's own ships, and many of his fighters had to be diverted for defensive action. Only a few were left to deal just 24 hits.

Angry, Skanky struck back with even more torpedoes. Vlad responded with lasers, which were close to useless. His massed fleet was mortally damaged by 487 torpedo hits.

Vlad was no quitter, though, and fought on. A second wave of fighters met with more success against Skanky's fighters, which had trouble finding Vlad's ships amidst all the explosions. 98 fighters got through to damage Skanky's ships.

After that, Vlad's forces were exhausted. Further torpedo and laser barrages were outnumbered and hard to concentrate on Skanky's dispersed fleet. Meanwhile, more fighters and lasers from Skanky's ships picked off Vlad's ships one by one. Titans and frigates alike bit the dust.

Code:
            BATTLE OUTCOMES
            Vlad           Skanky
            -----------------------------------------------------
            304 fighters   280 torpedoes   Skanky takes  24 hits
             73 lasers     560 torpedoes     Vlad takes 487 hits
            152 fighters    54 fighters    Skanky takes  98 hits 
             37 torpedoes  108 fighters      Vlad takes  71 hits
             73 lasers     140 lasers        Vlad takes  67 hits
             78 torpedoes  140 lasers        Vlad takes  62 hits
            The battle had been costly to Skanky, with the destroyed shipping equalling what he had just built. A fighter battleship was destroyed, along with 10 fighter titans along with a torpedo titan. Another torpedo titan was damaged.

But the victory could not have been more decisive. Vlad's entire fleet lay scattered in pieces.

Back on his homeworld, Vlad awaited the signal from his admirals, but none came in. He had lived to see another day, but it was quite clear what that would bring.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Smiley, I didn't quite get it.
              Did Skanky send a spy my way? Or Vlad? Or both of them?

I sent one spy on Skanky.

Please clarify.

Comment

Re: Re: Galactic Overlord I, Part II

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Smiley
                Round 13

The Legend of Vladimir

In a different part of the galaxy, Admiral Ljube further strengthened his already powerful fleet. He now controlled the majority of the shipping in the galaxy. Combined enemy production still exceeded his.

It had been a long hard road since a distant round of treachery had catapulted him ahead of the pack. But Victory remained elusive. A wrong attack, a sharp end of the scissors...

In our age, fate may still be written in the stars, but it is great men, and perhaps someday great women as well, who do the writing. What will the next chapter bring?

(scroll text to infinity)

Code:
                Galactic Overlord
                Player Name Bases BPs Total Ships Frigates(1) Cruisers(2) Battleships(3) Dreadnaughts(4) Titans(5)
                Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp
                Skanky Burns 6(14) 58 66(+1) - - - - - - - - - - - - 28 11 27(+1)
                Ljcvetko 6(21) 72 90 - 2 - - - - - - - - - - 32 23 33
                Vlad Antlerkov 5(9) 43 0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Now accepting orders for Round 15. Orders are due in 24 hours from now. Late orders not accepted. (I'll simply have your ships defend using the last turn's OoB)
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I understand that both Skanky and Vlad sent a spy on me. Then, my spy sent against Skanky should cancel the one Skanky sent against me and Skanky should be able to attack, while I remain in docks.

I'm saying this in spite of the fact this doesn't go to my advantage.

Comment

I can't imagine there being too much diplomacy at this stage of the game though. This is endgame time.

Espionage in brief.
                    Vlad --> Ljube
                    Ljube --> Skanky
                    Skanky didn't spy.

Comment

Owch, poor Vlad. I hope you have a spare sheild generator.

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                        Owch, poor Vlad. I hope you have a spare sheild generator.

-Jam

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Galactic Overlord I, Part II

Originally posted by Smiley

Round 13

It's round 14.

Comment

Oh, and ya'll ought to watch the anime Legend of Galactic Heroes. It's got all the diplomatic maneuvering of Dune, plus thousand-ship space battles set to classical music.

Comment

This can still go either way.

Comment

Exciting times.
                                Damn all that hot spying action though. I won the battle but didn't get any bases out of it.

Orders in.
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X