Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warhammer Online cancelled

Well there goes my dream of rooting out chaos in the Reikland
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

What? Why? What happened? I was so looking forward to that. And then kind of forgot about it almost entirely, because I have no attention span.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It is with a great deal of sadness that I have to inform the community that we have decided to discontinue the development of Warhammer Online and will be closing down this website with immediate effect.

This has been a difficult and painful decision but it was taken following a following a full review of the progress of the game, costs to date and future costs of the project. As a result both Games Workshop and Climax Development Limited, the computer games developer, have agreed to terminate the development project.

I would like to say a personal thanks to all of the people who have followed our development over the last few years, your constant support and enthusiasm has meant a great deal to us.

Robin Dews
      Ran out of money. Shame.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

There was a communication breakdown between the companies apparently. GW decided that they would not fund the extended development time that was needed if they were to complete the changes they had asked for. Its a great shame and I hope that, like Middle Earth, a new attempt will be considered in a couple of years.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Indeed this is sad news

May the beer flow down the gullet of many a designer and dreamer this time...

May they get the collective together and get the job done very very soon

ahhh to stand fast as the hordes of chaos run into my axe - Slee, Master of Arms, 3rd Battalion, The Masters Own Regiment
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

It looked like a complete dud, no loss.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Bah. Party pooper. It looked beautiful.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

now if only all other mmorpgs would die!
                Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by pg
                  And all of the Sims crap.

Comment

Originally posted by pg
                    I'd settle for locking all the forum games
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

that is all very sad

maybe we should start a new one in honour of your idea
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

What about the RTS they were planning (was that 40,000?)
                        cIV list: cheats
                        Now watch this drive!

Comment

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War? yeah, it's still going and it looks cool as hell.

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                            maybe we should start a new one in honour of your idea
                            Yeah - like that game in the arcades when you try to bash the creatures when they pop out of the holes, and more keep coming all the time. Perhaps it could be made more topical if the creatures were ferrets.....

Comment

indeed Duke indeed

Great Pic General
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X