Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 game....Front Mission 4

Any PS2 fans here?

If so have you tried Front Mission 4 yet? Great game. TBS game about giant battling robots.

Probably not too many gaystation players here because from what I've seen everyone is an xbox geek but I have to promote this game because it's great.
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

I would like to get it

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I really enjoyed FM3, but the IGN review scared me off of FM4. Truly scathing.
      All syllogisms have three parts.
      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

I. DEMAND. SCREENIES!!!!

(FM3 was fun, beat the last boss by the skin of my a**)
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Well I wouldn't pay too much attention to the IGN review. FM4 is a TBS game which doesn't appeal to the mainstream audience. Check out www.gamerankings.com for a summary of all reviews of this and any game and talk to people on the forums before making your decision.

FM4 has almost everything a TBS gamer would want. You can purchase upgrades to your wanzers (battle robots) as well as upgrading your pilots skills by earning experience points after defeating enemies. That's the RPG element of the game.

The strategy element is present during battle missions. You have to carefully husband your forces so that post battle repair costs don't run you bankrupt. The only thing missing that would be cool is the ability to manage a wanzer industry to build more units.

If you like RPG's, TBS games, and games by Square Enix or Koei then you'll like this game.
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Re: PS2 game....Front Mission 4

Originally posted by Cookie Monster
            Any PS2 fans here?

If so have you tried Front Mission 4 yet? Great game. TBS game about giant battling robots.

Probably not too many gaystation players here because from what I've seen everyone is an xbox geek but I have to promote this game because it's great.
            I dont have an xbox
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

penny-arcade liked it

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Penny Arcade liked MOO3, too.

Anyway, I agree that IGN isn't super trustworthy, but they generally OVERRATE games. More to the point, their complaint wasn't that they didn't get TBS games; it was that there was no strategy to the game outside of wanzer customization. It was all about abusing wake-up distances for enemy AI, a minor problem in FM3 too. But I hate wake-up distances in TBS. It makes no sense that troops will just lounge around waiting for you to come near while their comrades are splattered.
                All syllogisms have three parts.
                Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Working...
                X