Please read and respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Im not sure that the the number of posts to other games threads actually get more replies now than before.

I will say that its somewhat harder to find them, amidst all the forum game threads.

And it will get even harder if we not only have forum games (which can at least be recognized by the high roman numeral in the title) but threads like this, which are ABOUT forum games.

I mean theres such a thing as taking a good thing too far. Having one, or two forum games here was fine, and may well have strengthened the forum. Having it mainly be a forum about forum games is getting a bit out of hand.

Like I said, i dont advocate seperating forum games out. I just want some sense of restraint, thats all.
    Not an unreasonable case. Why not start a thread on this topic?

Comment

And it will get even harder if we not only have forum games (which can at least be recognized by the high roman numeral in the title) but threads like this, which are ABOUT forum games.
      As far as I understand things on Apolyton- threads like this should really be:

1.) In the off topic
      or
      2.) Closed as soon as they are answered.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Regarding point 1, the thread was relevant to OtherGames only. If it was started in the OT, there would be another round of DL dancing and then the thread would drop to page 2 before any of its intended target audience even saw it. It would take the same level of effort but achieve none of the results.

Regarding point 2, I do agree that the thread has run its course, but if people stopped bumping the thread it could die a natural death!
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Very eloquent *bump* there, Skankmeister.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

There is no way this should be in the OT, in logical terms or indeed from past precedent. Here or A/C are both acceptable, and in either case the thread should be closed now.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Not an unreasonable case. Why not start a thread on this topic?
              Why does the phrase metaspam jump to mind?

Nah, I'll pass.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

If gently suggesting not to threadjack one discussion to another area potentially worthy of discussion is metaspam, then I plead guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  If gently suggesting not to threadjack one discussion to another area potentially worthy of discussion is metaspam, then I plead guilty.
                  Not your post. The new thread would be metaspam - ie it would do to the forum exactly what i complain about this thread doing. I could post it in AC, but i dont think it would be much better there, and would be lost in the typical AC discussion about overall forum organization.

However I wont bump this thread anymore, and will let it return to its original topic, or die. OK?
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

We'll hold you to that promise.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                    X