Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your highest MOM score and how did you get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your highest MOM score and how did you get it?

I got 86% by going all black on impossible. I took over the world really quickly with wraiths killed all but 1 computer player. I left the last computer player with 1 tiny town (which I surrounded) and waited until I could cast Spell of Mastery.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I would guess that you were playing with 11 death books? That is a gamebreaker-strat (that 1-wraith-kills-all).
    I think the highest score I've gotten was around 50% - but I have no recollection on how I got it, but I'm quite sure I played the ultimate-artificer-style: a wizard with trait combo Archmage-Artificer-Runemaster (or what was the trait that gives 25% discount from arcane spells). That equals mana-freak.
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Hehe, I have gotten more than 110 ...

You must have lots of fame - always hunt those stacks of 4 troops, or the powerful summoned creatures; even give your enemies the spells so they can summon them.
      Get all of the legendary and legendary * heroes and make them demi-gods. 1 fame compensates for 1 turn spent in the final score. Do not kill the enemies right away. Use them to gain fame. Control them by spell blast.

Settle until you reach the max number of cities ... Use stream of life, gaia's blessing and terrain transformations to get max pop. You can even settle the polar circle If you raise volcanoes and then turn them to plains, and one forest per city, with gaia's blessing you can have cities of 25 there ....

Maxing out the spell number helps only a little.
      Defeat 3 opponents and cast spell of mastery at the end.
      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

I had 7293 in this game and 7200 in this one. I don't know how that converts to a percent, but I think they were both in the high 90s. I don't play for high score (all my wins have been by conquest instead of SoM), and frequently don't even finish my games.

Comment

Working...
        X