X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Nascar V Race Thread (Curve City)

OK we're ready for Race V

Rules - pretty much the same from last time, with some minor changes

The game is turn-based. Each of the two drivers issues two orders for each turn. Possible orders are as follows:

1. Change speed:
    a. Accelerate - add one to speed
    b. Decelerate - subtract one from speed
    c. Slipstream - If you start a turn directly behind another player (must both be moving in the same direction.) You can call a "S" command at the beginning of your turn, and it will act as a free "A". (this can not be used if your placement was due to a crash)
    d. Don't change speed

2. Steer:
    a. Left
    b. Right
    c. Left-Right, Right-Left
    d. Don't change direction

*Each player also can use wildcards during their turn, doubling their change in speed or doubling their turn rate. Multiple wildcards can be used in a single round.
    *Clarification: RRLL, RLRL, or any combinations of 2 rights and 2 lefts is only 1 WC, not 2.
    *Only two wildcards for a direction or speed on any turn.
    accel 2 and right 2 are allowed in the same turn, but accel 3 or right 3 are not allowed.

* Steering can now be controlled much finer.
    Turning (moving to the left or right) will always move you forward 1 square, but you can now influence when this move takes place.

A complete order may look like this: (current speed of 4, North)
    "(2m)r(m)r"
    This will move the car North twice, once to the right (Northeast), once more to the Northeast and then due East once, and uses up one wildcard. Example:

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Y...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an attempt to keep the race closer, the following penalties have been modified.

Crashes/off track
    Crashes will mean -3 speed
    and driving off the track 1 square -2 speed
    2 squares -3 speed
    3 squares- reduction to 0
    Doing a Chaunk will get you style points but will probably result in a DQ

Any seemingly intentional off track - reduction to 0
    And anything really funny will cause a missed turn.

Hitting a hidden sandbag will be a speed -1 penalty

NEW RULE. IF ORDERS RESULT IN A PLAYER LEAVING THE TRACK, I will post an option for correction before executing the orders. (since the track is sometimes confusing)

We have 6 racers already but can handle two more if anyone is interested.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Give the eager fans an F1-style driver's eye view of the Curve City track please!
    Or a bird's eye view. Both are good.

Comment

Code:
      Start-631245-

car #namespeedheadingWCorders
      1Skanky Burns7S10-
      2Chaunk7S10-
      3gjramsey7S10-
      4Jonny7S10-
      5Spaced Cowboy7S10-
      6Jamski7S10-
      If anyone else wants in, there are still spots.
      Hint, No sandbags on currently exposed track.
      There are three sandbag alleys.

First time using tables. I copied the code, so if there's and easier way, let me know.

Let the carnage begin. This will not turn into a speed race. Conserve your WCs because you will need them.
      Over 210 spaces to completion.

RAH
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Carnage is an understatement...this should be entertaining!

orders sent!

Comment

O
          M
          F
          F
          G
          !

This looks twisty... ...I expect to die.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ok, orders sent. I'm guessing everyone will be starting by hitting the brakes

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

, and that's an understatement!

Orders sent shortly...

Comment

I believe the brake pedal will not be ignored this race.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think that everyone crash into each other entering the first turn, then we don't have to worry about hitting the breaks so soon!

Does the first one to crash 10 times get a bonus prize or something?

Comment

Well hopefully with only a -3 penalty, your first accident will not automatically eliminate you from competition like in some of the earlier races. (or the second, third, etc.)
                      I hope I didn't go overboard. I tried running the track a few times but there are some specific choke points.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wwwwicked!
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I'd like to say that the first couple of turns are the worst, but I might not be right. There are some straightaways later in the race. (sandbag alley)
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Orders sent BTW
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Orders sent. Almost hoping someone does crash into me...

Glad to see I made it into the rules though
                              Play hangman.

Comment

Working...
                              X