Perimeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has newbie to do with this?
    In normal games the fun first begins after 30 mins...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

You said you didn't expect to see a response like that. If you weren't a newbie, you've had seen it before

Or at least know Jon Miller well enough.

A lot of games are only fun for 30 minutes though. Then they get old.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I don't know Jon Miller that well... but that has nothing to do with being a newbie... it just has to do with the fact that I haven't seen that many posts from him

Of course the smaller games are only fun for half an hour or so... but for the more expensive games, the fun begins after half an hour...

Comment

I could name at least a few expensive games that were fun for a half hour at most.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I'm talking about the good expensive games...

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
              What has newbie to do with this?
              In normal games the fun first begins after 30 mins...
              how in the world?

even if you are just expanding (not meaning to get into fights), you would still run into someone at in expansion before 30 minutes were up (as well as have all the tech tree and 200 supply used)

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

in games which end at 30 minutes in starcraft I usually build ~500 units... (as well as have full apgrades for at least 2 types of units, sometimes more)

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

also, that is at normal speed (that is what my freinds prefer), I would prefer to play fastest which would be even faster

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

something about this game reminds me of that other game(Earth2140?) that came out a few years ago, it kinda looked the same and had a 'earth is dying time to leave' type story line? It wasn't a bad game either, maybe the last RTS i played that i enjoyed
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      even if you are just expanding (not meaning to get into fights), you would still run into someone at in expansion before 30 minutes were up (as well as have all the tech tree and 200 supply used)
                      I reckon he wasn't talking about Starcraft.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yep, I was talking about games in general...
                        Would Civ be fun if it ended after 30 minutes?

Comment

Working...
                        X