Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A majority is reached, the heiress is history...
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Farewell my fellow travellers. May some intelligence be bestowed upon you one day.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• For those of you who are eliminated from the game and haven't signed up for the Assassins game, the sign-up thread is here (if you're interested): http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=116007

Comment

• Darn! I was rooting for the Mafia, and it sounds like Theben Wallingford III was the numeric killer, getting his "jollies."

Anyway, why hasn't the Mafia killed Miss Marple yet? Without an executioner, the Mafia would be invicinible! Clearly the only possible solution is that Miss Marple IS the Mafia, isn't that right, Kassiopeia? (Ghosts get italic votes!)
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• the round of misogyny, eh?
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Anyway, why hasn't the Mafia killed Miss Marple yet? Without an executioner, the Mafia would be invicinible! Clearly the only possible solution is that Miss Marple IS the Mafia, isn't that right, Kassiopeia? (Ghosts get italic votes!)
              I'd like your reasoning if it wasn't so outrightly stupid. Another one would simply take my place and the circle would continue.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Alas, poor HongHu...
                Join a Democracy Game today!
                | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

• You don't have to rub it in Oct.

Oh well, you'll have time to regret it one day, I mean you all.
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Well I won't. You could've said something if you didn't care for my advances, as opposed to killing me...
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Ah! But you are assuming that the murderer is smart, you see. Any sane person would have abandoned this boat and swam for shore long, long ago, because there's a murderer around! Therefore the murderer must be insane, and therefore he must be you!
                      All syllogisms have three parts.
                      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• /me throws her hands in the air, or her wings, any way.

Alright alright I give up. I did it. But I was not responsible for it. Have you heard of MPS? Yes multiple personality sydrome, not Miss Purple Shoes silly. Yep one of my alters killed those silly ones using random number of cuts, and the other alter killed the other silly ones using a rope of some sort. She must be really energetic and powerful too, since some of the silly ones are really strong. Can't believe she could actually throw a body over board, perhaps she has an accomplice too. But now that you've killed her, you can never find out what happened (and what is gonna happen) ...

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Comment

• Octavian X

KJ<
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Code:
                              mafia
                              Name Voted for
                              3. ADG HongHu
                              7. Rah HongHu
                              10. GJRamsey -
                              11. Spaced Cowboy HongHu
                              12. Kassiopeia HongHu
                              14. Jon Miller Octavian X
                              16. Guynemer HongHu
                              19. HongHu -
                              22. Octavian X HongHu
                              24. Geomodder Kassi
                              26. Jonny HongHu
                              Well she didn't need to vote because it wouldn't have made any difference. No more card games then. Poor old HongHu. Despite my saying that the necklace was not one that any of the passengers had been seen wearing in the hope that she wouldn't be docpiled immediately as the most obvious person to own a necklace, HongHu was docpiled anyway.

Comment

• Chapter Nine – Nile be there for you

Once the votes had been counted by gjramsey, and again by the new captain, just to make sure, as he claimed, then it was announced that the passengers suspected the beautiful HongHu of being the mafia. Despite the fact that almost everyone had voted for her, they were still shocked at this turn of events, and it was with a heavy heart that Miss Marple picked up her handbag. Being considerably younger than the others aboard, HongHu was quick enough to duck the first swing of the handbag, but the return swipe caught her unawares, and the Captain was soon carrying her to the rail to deposit her in the river.

There was a much darker mood aboard the Apolyton that day, with nobody in the mood to play tennis (the fact that they were running out of fit people to play was another major problem, as was the fact that they could only play with apples from the galley), but when Inspector Morse picked up a pack of cards then the tough Bulldog Drummond burst into tears at the thought of their lost friend.
                                Jonny spent much of the afternoon composing a message to his superiors in the Liechtenstein secret service, and after only two hours he was happy with it. He felt certain that they would be delighted that the security threat of the dangerous Russian monk had been nullified, and picked up Geomodder’s semaphore flags to send his message to the agent following the boat on horseback. Unfortunately for the agent on the river bank, Jonny must have been dozing when he took the lesson in semaphore at the Valduz spy school, and his carefully-worded message came out rather differently to what he had intended: “The doctor is in the cablecar. Pepperoni with extra chillies. Liverpool Street, Tooting Broadway, Mornington Crescent. My wife wants to play hook a duck at 1€ a turn”. If this was in code then the agent had no idea what he was on about, but decided to take it back to his base and wire it to Valduz anyway, in the hope that the experts could decipher it.

Arriving in the dining room at the usual time, the Captain saw that only Miss Marple, the Earl of Octavian and Columbo were ready for dinner. Greeting them, he remembered that he hadn’t taken his customary check of the cabins. Taking them with him, he toured the ship in customary fashion, ensuring that all of the cabins were securely locked and that all of their occupants were ready for dinner.
                                Outside cabin number 3, he had a bad feeling. Sure enough, inside the cabin of Inspector Morse was the body of ADG. He had been stabbed 68 times with what looked to be an ornate silver fork. The fork had been left jabbed in the unfortunate inspector’s stomach. Examining the murder weapon, Jim Rockford announced that it appeared to be the fork equivalent of an apostle spoon, but it was so old that it was difficult to make out what was on it. M. Maigret wondered where the other eleven might be, if indeed it was what it appeared to be.

Mulling over these new developments, the party returned to the dining room and had a dispirited meal. Geomodder asked that their votes be cast before breakfast as usual, and they all went to gjramsey’s bar to drown their sorrows in booze, while the Captain smothered his sorrows in sweet-smelling tobacco.

Comment

Working...
                                X