This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Er yes.
    Sorry for the absence since Saturday, but the bank holiday was lovely in Leeds, and all my washing dried perfectly.
    I'll have a look at the votes, and then write the next section up this morning. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but I have work things to do as well after having yesterday off.
    Thanks for being so understanding all, and thanks to Chaunk for explaining the * mystery.

Comment

• Hmmmm. Skanky's changed his avatar back now as well, so the comment on the previous summary is now even more meaningless than it was at the time.

Code:
      mafia
      Name Voted for
      3. ADG Pave
      7. Rah Pave
      8. Theben Pave
      10. GJRamsey Jon Miller
      11. Spaced Cowboy Pave
      12. Kassiopeia Pave
      14. Jon Miller Pave
      16. Guynemer
      19. HongHu rah
      22. Octavian X rah
      23. Pave* -
      24. Geomodder Jonny
      26. Jonny Pave
      Perhaps fortunately for the continuation of the game, Pave will be next to take elementary unconscious Nile swimming lessons under the auspices of Geomodder. He hasn't voted again, and didn't vote last time either, which meant that another no-show would give him automatic rights to a mafia killing of his choice. Still, that doesn't matter any more.
      Write-up coming soon (when I've finished it ).

Comment

• Chapter Eight – Nile take the high road

The next round of voting took ages, as the duck had temporarily disappeared from the top of the wheelroom, and the passengers searched in vain for him until he was discovered beneath the bar. Somehow it just wouldn’t have been right to have voted without the duck there to guide them.
        When the votes had all been cast (save for the Duc de Pavelles, who was still asleep in the corner), Geomodder made gjramsey count them twice to ensure that everything was above board and that they were certain that the Duc de Pavelles was the guilty man, feigning sleep in order to murder the innocent passengers. Although he was already unconscious, and there wasn’t really any need to beat him around the head to make his swimming more of a challenge, no-one was prepared to tell Miss Marple that, and so the handbag descended again, in what was now something of a tradition aboard the Apolyton. As Pave was no longer a threat to the well-being of the passengers and crew, they settled down to eat with a relish (a special barbecue sauce Jim Rockford had brought with him – “If that doesn’t kill the bugs in any food then nothing will”).

Despite the fact that the murderer had left what appeared to be a tennis ball outside the cabin of his victim and many people were now suspicious of the tennis players, the game went ahead regardless, but the crowd and choice of potential players had thinned significantly. This meant that HongHu, not previously invited to play by the macho types aboard, at last got the opportunity to show her skills and to comprehensively wipe the floor with her opponents. Admittedly, the game was delayed for five minutes as she had to return to her cabin and change from her tennis skirt into a pair of shorts in a fruitless attempt to deter Theben from standing directly behind her end of the court and distracting the opposition.

While the match was being played, Miss Marple and gjramsey toured the deck; he quizzing her about other cruise trips she had taken in the hope of finding out more about his future job prospects, and she glad for someone to talk with, very protective of her handbag and careful to tidy away any loose ropes around the sides of the ship, mindful that someone might fall over them. Their stroll was cut short by the return of the tennis players. Without Zopperoni to row and fetch their balls out of the river, they had eventually run out, and were now wandering around at a loss for an activity. They all went up to the wheelroom to have a go at steering the ship, and to admire the new steering rope that Geomodder had put up to ensure that he need not miss dinner.
        The mention of dinner made everyone hungry and so they returned to their cabins to prepare.

When the first guests arrived in the dining room, Geomodder knew that it made sense to tour all of the cabins and ensure that their occupants were safely in the dining room and that his dinner would not be any further delayed by someone wanting to imitate the actions of the wicked Duc. Passing cabin number 1, the largest suite aboard the Apolyton, he saw that the door had been carelessly left open, but that no-one was inside. Closing the door and remembering to warn the occupant to take more careful safety measures in future, he turned around and saw Theben Wallingford’s body hanging over the rail of the ship on a sturdy length of rope. He had been strangled by the rope, and when the other passengers helped the captain to haul him in they discovered something most unusual. The billionaire had a string of jewels around his neck, but none that any of the passengers had seen their fellow travellers wearing before. This caused much confusion among those aboard, and after dinner the captain gave the usual call to cast votes for the mafia before breakfast the next morning.

Comment

• Four posts in a row. Sorry rah.

Code:
          mafia
          Name Job Status
          1. Skanky Burns Barman Handbagged
          2. Jamski Oberinspektor Derrick Handbagged
          3. ADG Inspector Morse Alive
          4. Zopperoni Deck hand Handbagged
          5. Ljcvetko Sherlock Holmes Handbagged
          6. Nuclear Master Captain Hung from the rail
          7. Rah Jim Rockford Alive
          8. Theben Billionaire Industrialist Hung from the rail
          9. Joncha Pimp Daddy Hung from the rail
          10. GJRamsey Purser Alive
          11. Spaced Cowboy Columbo Alive
          12. Kassi Miss Marple Alive
          13. Tuberski Ricardo Tubbs Stabbed 101 times
          14. Jon Miller Bulldog Drummond Alive
          15. GhengisFarb Sonny Crockett Stabbed 53 times
          16. Guynemer Chief Inspector Maigret Alive
          17. Snowfire Lord Peter Wimsey Stabbed 107 times
          18. Rasputin er, Rasputin! Handbagged
          19. HongHu Beautiful heiress Alive
          20. DrSpike Doctor Watson Handbagged
          21. Hercules Hercule Poirot Hung from the rail
          22. Octavian X Earl of Octavian Alive
          23. Pave Duc de Pavelles Handbagged
          24. Geomodder First mate Alive
          25. Chaunk Charlie Chan Stabbed 63 times
          26. Jonny Secret Agent Alive

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
            Four posts in a row. Sorry rah.
            I think he'll forgive you - there is enough material there for 200 of Skanky's posts.

Comment

• SON of a *****!!

At least I got some jollies before I got killed.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                I think he'll forgive you - there is enough material there for 200 of Skanky's posts.

Yes, content content content.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• In a bid for the irony award

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Re: In a bid for the irony award

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    Play hangman.

Comment

• With all the clues out there, HongHu keeps harping on that damn wet tennis ball. Awfully suspicious so she must be the Mafia. Actually I find her suspicious since she keeps voting for me.
                      If I was the mafia, she would have been offed awhile ago.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Thank God someone has voted at last!

I know that Guynemer is having trouble getting a connection, but he's sent me a list of votes so he's all right. HongHu generally arrives about now too, so I could let her off for not having voted so far, but ADG has been posting in other threads.

Comment

• For some reason I wasn't notified about any new posts in this thread, until now that is...

But I'll go with HongHu on this one...
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                            Hmmmm. Skanky's changed his avatar back now as well, so the comment on the previous summary is now even more meaningless than it was at the time.

Code:
                            mafia
                            Name Voted for
                            16. Guynemer
                            Let the records show I actually voted for Pave last round.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I do hate to vote for such an enchanting creature, but I am forced to agree with my colleague, Mr. Rockford. HongHu has indeed been acting suspiciously. In addition, we can no longer ignore the playing cards often found at the scene of the murders; perhaps this is not an intended frame-up at all, but for once the obvious clues are in fact accurate.

Moreover, a string of jewels found on Wallingford's body would seem to indicate that the murderer is a nobleman or noblewoman. That is indeed a rapidly disappearing species onboard our ship, HongHu and Octavian the only remaining aristocrats.

Though we should be on our toes for clues implicating Octavian--in particular, if those numerical clues could somehow solve to 8 or 80 or something of that nature...
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Uh-oh. Thanks for pointing that out Guynemer. I'll have to check what's gone wrong with the table. It was probably when I deleted one of the lines out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X