Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

idea pertaining to newbs and games (Mafia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I finally got to read this thread and I must say I agree with the majority. For issue 6) I realize it is one of my suggestion. Consequently I must vote for A). Actually I feel what the duke is doing right now for the current mafia game is a perfect example for clues.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Hmm for option 6, I say B. There should be clues all the way through not just when there's only one mafia. If there is only one mafia left, then the clues should become more difficult not easier IMHO.
      Play hangman.

Comment

• ISSUE 1) Player admission:
        B) Free-for-all

ISSUE 2) Storyline:
        C) Flexible (GM's call)

ISSUE 3) Coordination with the Mafia game:
        A) Run Gangsters "simultaneously" with Mafia

ISSUE 4) Gangsters' identities:
        ABSTAIN

ISSUE 5) Turn structure:
        A) Mafia-style (24 hours; flexible weekend)

ISSUE 6) Killing style:
        ABSTAIN

ISSUE 7) Voting procedure:
        C) Other - People may decide if they want to vote public or in private (If voting both places, the private vote counts
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Mafia works great, no need to change too much. The closed ballot test is good though.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
            Actually I feel what the duke is doing right now for the current mafia game is a perfect example for clues.

What? Making them too hard, so the villagers resort to guessing again?

One of the major clues has been picked up so far, and (I'm not saying which one) was ignored for the purposes of voting. However, there are minor clues dotted around, of which some will be far more obvious than others. As with Jamski's games, it really is a case of just going back and reading all of the posts I've made. Well, all right, I'll lety you off reading the spammy posts that try to encourage voting or clue-seeking.

Comment

• Got to ask you, are all the clues relevant or are some of them red herrings like when Jamski did the game?
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• They're all relevant, but you have to interpret them in the right way.

While we're on about Mafia, how's about a snazzy little badge for players of the game? Like the Civ 2 Succession Games badge (see left).

Comment

• 1 B
                  2 C
                  3 B
                  4 A
                  5 A
                  6 B
                  7 B
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• It would be amusing if these games/ or just the mafia games got their own subforum but I somehow don't think it'll happen
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• The Community Games Forum

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Well, that might be more likely to happen Then a civgroup would certainly be justifable... but I worry that less people will join if we 'subforum' the section... since less people will see the games

but you do have to admit that they currently clutter the Other Games section quite a bit!
                        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
                          The Community Games Forum
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• 1. B
                            2. C
                            3. A
                            4. A
                            5. A
                            6. A
                            7. A
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Think of what would happen to poor Other Games.

Comment

• Grumbold would throw a party

-Jam
                                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                                X