No announcement yet.

E3 - Anything interesting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its just the most freating game ever made, according to Spamky Burns.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Dawn of War looks good... very good. Might even pursuade me to splash out on a new graphics card

Rome: Total War also looks good. I was a big fan of Shogun when that came out, missed medievil, but might pick up Rome.

I always seem to ignore all the best games that are new out, and buy them a few years later though... I think it takes a lot to pursuade me to part with my cash...
      Play hangman.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

I'm slowly turning into a RTS freak, it seems.
        I think what's happening is that RTS is slowly turning into a worthwhile genre.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

WHat is RTS? Like Diablo, and AOE?
          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Some examples of this type of game are...

Comment

Warcraft
              Starcraft
              Command and Conquer...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

aha, i see, RTS is quite fun, Starcraft sucks iit though. Caesar three was the best RTS ever.

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                  aha, i see, RTS is quite fun, Starcraft sucks iit though. Caesar three was the best RTS ever.
                  Citybuilders, though usually in RT, and usually considered with the strategy genres, are for some odd reason almost never called RTS, even less often than games like EU or SMG.

Theres such a huge number of games that follow the mode of build a gathering builidng, gather resources, build fighters, and then fight, that this style of game has appropriated the term "RTS". There almost needs to be another term for RT games that dont fit that model.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I agree. I remember saying to ADG a while back that the Settlers wasn't RTS. "But it's in real time and is a strategy game", he protested.

The real time label was (in days gone by) used to distinguish real time games from turn based games. The distinction is no longer fine enough really.

Comment

I still hear people saying SimCity (or any tycoon game) is RTS
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                        I still hear people saying SimCity (or any tycoon game) is RTS
                        Those are simulation games.

Comment

No they're not... I always put simulation to flying-games...

Comment

Well there is a lot of flexibility in the terminology but I tend more towards the useage that Simulation games are those that simulate something reasonably accurately.

Comment

I only use the 'simulation' term to programs that simulates something as accurate as possible, within limits of course... For now I've only come by 2 programs that could fit into this: simLife and Life
                              When money is involved, and you have to build something from nothing to "whatever goal you set it to", and it's not about war, then it's probably a tycoon game...

Comment

It doesn't really matter that much, as long as the basic idea is communicated right?

Comment

Working...
                                X