Is there a good cheat for MOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a good cheat for MOM?

Aside from the two cheat codes and I found a trainer that does not allow much detailing to heroes, spells, items, and units, is there a good cheat program or maybe hexeditor that will work well?
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Just what are you looking to do? I have a few text files that go into considerable detail on how to use a hexeditor to change statistics and abilities of units (including heroes), and make some limited changes to spells. For items, there's a program called ITEMMAKE.EXE that is included with the game.

Comment

I have a program called momedit which allows me to alter a saved game's wizard, as to mana, spells, books, and retorts. it doesn't change how the game is, just how your wizard is. you can cheat yourself to have all retorts and all books if you want, but I have had problems trying to have both life and death spells.

it doesn't change anything about heroes or items, though.
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I know of the ITEMMAKE and have the edit. Mine will not allow me to edit retorts though, nor can I give myself specific spells/book/items.

Also, where can I get the "hotseat hack?", and how pickable/customizable are the other human player wizards?
        Last edited by Nimrod; May 10, 2004, 23:47.
        So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Go to www.gamefaqs.com and download the Unofficial FAQ for MoM. Besides the huge amount of extremely useful information, it contains links about the things you have requested ......
          Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

None of the suggested links worked. I alsoo searched Yahoo and Google, mostly found the cheat codes and a few dead links. I beginning to think my search will be in vain as the game itself is so old

Comment

Does anyone here have the multiplayer shell?

Comment

The best MOM site is gone now. Plus, I heard that hot seat shell was extremely buggy.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

well, the really good MOM page is gone, mr banana's page is gone, and the ugly little MOM resource page is gone.

I guess All I can do is give you my momedit program. Cheat away!
                  Attached Files
                  Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                  ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Here's an editor I downloaded a while ago, EMAGIC. Very user-friendly, but I don't think it will do everything you want to.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I cannot get the momedit file to work, however the emagic seems to be very useful and easy to use. Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

try out http://www20.brinkster.com/kadirclan
                        its a MoM website

Comment

Another addition to your list.
                          I AM supposed to be posting in the Civ3 section here, but the clone project - and my editor - does not leave much time for that

It's largely for working out more on how the game and AI works in detail - but - it's now public, and you can use it for your own mean purposes

Don't stress it much though, I ain't the world's greatest coder, and it's not the world's greatest editor, nor the main point of the site - but enjoy it anyway, I'm on the forums there if you need me to help get it working...

Edit: Dunce...forgot the link :P
                          Last edited by Cerbykins; June 14, 2004, 19:40.
                          It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
                          She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

another editor, if you can find it is the Grimorie(sp?). It along with Momedit and emagic allow you to do a whole lot. E-Magic will also allow you to edit the map, create resources, edit city stats and locations, ect... It's funny because with that you can give Nomads the Wizards Guild and they can build magicans. there are no differences between them and HM Magi, but they look like nomad priests.

As to the multiplayer shell, don't bother, it's so buggy it'll make your skin crawl...

Comment

Working...
                            X