Victoria Gold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikolai
    That's good to know. I've understood that it is Patric that have made it this time, and not someone from outside of Paradox?
    Yes, Patric wrote it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle

What? Does Snowball have their own hit squads?
      Yep.

Comment

Maybe they should spend more on production instead then. It took them a year longer than they should to produce the beta for CK - and Johan still had to "repair" it!

To add to the point - I actually caught people with versions of EU2 and HOI that had been pirated in Russia so dont give me that **** about Snowball being all great - they aint, They are a useless bunch of idiots with less programmng knowledge than the pirates out there. I speak from experience of boths ends of the equation. They should stick to publishing - they get that right now and again ....
        EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Maybe they should spend more on production instead then. It took them a year longer than they should to produce the beta for CK - and Johan still had to "repair" it!
          It's not the frist game which was delayed.

To add to the point - I actually caught people with versions of EU2 and HOI that had been pirated in Russia
          My congrats to you. I never saw pirated copies of those games beeing sold here. There is no reason to buy pirated copy, because legal copy cost aproximately the same, plus Paradox's games are unplayable without patches.

so dont give me that **** about Snowball being all great - they aint, They are a useless bunch of idiots with less programmng knowledge than the pirates out there.
          yeah right, I can say the same about any developer whose games were pirated.

Comment

But we are not talking about 'any' developer.
            We are talking about Snowball.

And when you lok ast how much CK has been delayed but them, you can honestly claim that they are super programmers. Beta was supposed to start in fall 2002!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Serb

It's not the frist game which was delayed.

My congrats to you. I never saw pirated copies of those games beeing sold here. There is no reason to buy pirated copy, because legal copy cost aproximately the same, plus Paradox's games are unplayable without patches.

yeah right, I can say the same about any developer whose games were pirated.
              Believe me - I have more inside knowledge about that company than you possible can.

As for the copies pirated in Russia - once again I have first hand knowledge of of it. Many a a member from Russia was banned from the Paradox Forums for using them.

Comment

trust the duck. He knows.

Comment

Originally posted by JCG
                  If the game's not being released officially in your country, you can just order it online...pretty painless, eh?
                  Any suggestion for how to do that without a credit card?
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

It is a problem isnt it?

I do not use credit cards (or any other form of credit) so ordering anything online is, for me, a no go.

I usually get a friend in a supplied country to get a copy for me though.

Comment

uglyduck's probably given you the best answer....

so yeah, if I were in that position, I'd get a friend or relative to buy it/charge it to their card, and I'd paid them personally later....
                      DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Well besides for the people I meet on the internet, in real life I hardly know people that are currently living abroad (except for a few in India, but I doubt VIC will be available there ). I guess one of my family members (parent, older brother...) with credit card could buy VIC for me after which I repay them, but since my family members seem to be rather paranoid about buying anything over the internet (just like me btw), I can probably forget about Victoria.
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Well besides for the people I meet on the internet, in real life I hardly know people that are currently living abroad (except for a few in India, but I doubt VIC will be available there ). I guess one of my family members (parent, older brother...) with credit card could buy VIC for me after which I repay them, but since my family members seem to be rather paranoid about buying anything over the internet (just like me btw), I can probably forget about Victoria.
                          If nothing else you can wait for some gameshop to import it. The game is going to be in most of the neighboring major countries, so this should definately eventually occur.

Comment

The people I order from give you several payment options - postal money order, bank cheque, credit card or payment sent directly into a nominated account via internet/phone. I don't send out credit card numbers over phone lines/internet links either.
                            Do none of the online distributors you can access have any alternatives to credit cards that you can use?
                            Sometimes they just don't advertise anything other than a credit card but will still accept alternatives if you ask for them.

From the looks of Victoria it'd be a crying shame to miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck

Believe me - I have more inside knowledge about that company than you possible can.

As for the copies pirated in Russia - once again I have first hand knowledge of of it
                              Yeah sure, you've convinced me. It's you who live in Russia, not me.

. Many a a member from Russia was banned from the Paradox Forums for using them.
                              Never heard about that.
                              Recently we had a lot of fun on Snowball's forum when we read about the reason why one of the Russian posters (perhaps you know Chimera?) was banned from Paradox's forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb

Never heard about that.
                                There are a lot of things you and others never heard about. We didnt broadcast everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X