No announcement yet.

Favorite Race in MOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and 10 turns later, why use spearmen if you have halberdiers now?

Comment

Because spearmen don't require gold, that's why.
      And they are quicker to build.
      And there are 8 of them (contra to the 6 halberds)... umm.. wait. I think there were no berserk halberdiers at all...
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Halflings are the strongest IMO. Slingers beat just about anything at Elite level and halflings are fast starters because of the food bonus.

Nomads are more fun, though.

Comment

Halflings on Arcanus and dwarves on Myrror. Dwarves start faster than halflings. No ranged attack though. Halflings ranged attack may be countered with guardian wind and if you are fighting Jafar with klackons you may have very hard time.
          Trolls with death magic may be a good combination too.
          Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

I agree the trolls & death.
            Cast undead on the war trolls... Yummy
            Healing (actually regenerating) undead creatures
            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Halflings on Myrror, Draconians on Arcanus, Half Men on Uranus

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi
                Halflings on Myrror, Draconians on Arcanus, Half Men on Uranus

urrrr, haven't you got that backward? I mean shouldn't it be uranians on half moon?
                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I like the Dark Elves for the variety of units they can build (and the magic, of course). And Nightblades, being invisible, can sneak up on units with powerful ranged attacks without being hit as they approach. Give them adamantium and make sure they're Elite for 2hp per person.

That's what I like about MOM: the sheer variety of combat units and tactics means that "good" units can be beaten by units that can exploit their weaknesses. Slingers will kill Paladins (by shooting them as they approach), Nightblades will kill Slingers (by not getting shot, then beating them in a straight fight), Paladins will kill Nightblades (if they can find them).

Comment

so what races are there?

*High Men
                    *Barbarians
                    *Nomads
                    *Elves
                    *Dark Elves (Drow)
                    *Dwarves
                    *Orcs
                    *Trolls
                    *Lizardmen
                    *Halflings
                    *Draconians
                    *Klackons
                    *Beastmen
                    *Gnolls

I have only played 2 games of MOM in my life, other with lizard men and other with Drow. I remember liking the Drow better.

EDIT: and wolf riders were my favorite unit.
                    EDIT2: completed that list.
                    Last edited by Andemagne; December 6, 2003, 05:53.
                    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Andemagne - your list is missing Klackons, Gnolls, and Beastmen.
                      "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Bodiless
                        I like the Dark Elves for the variety of units they can build (and the magic, of course). And Nightblades, being invisible, can sneak up on units with powerful ranged attacks without being hit as they approach. Give them adamantium and make sure they're Elite for 2hp per person.

That's what I like about MOM: the sheer variety of combat units and tactics means that "good" units can be beaten by units that can exploit their weaknesses. Slingers will kill Paladins (by shooting them as they approach), Nightblades will kill Slingers (by not getting shot, then beating them in a straight fight), Paladins will kill Nightblades (if they can find them).
                        I voted dark elf, and said because of inherant magic attack, but yeah, nightmares were pretty lame, but nightblades were hella cool.

And my favorite part of the game was making awesome unit combos too, like adamantium nightblades. Oh how I yearn for a MoM 2.
                        Pentagenesis for Civ III
                        Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by NeOmega
                          Oh how I yearn for a MoM 2.
                          I agree. Are you 2 an orphan like me? I yearn for a MOM as well..

Comment

Say, bfg... if you have nothing valid to add.... how about piss off

Comment

Let's See. Favorite race has to be Dark Elf. Nightblades are great mid /highlevel units and Warlocks are just (Doombolt anybody??) If only they had a Good Fantastic Stabled unit, cause sorry if your a nightmare fan, but they realy suck.

As for Arcanic race, gottbe the different "Human" races or Halflings. Normaly High Men(which makes for a fun game on Myrror...)

Comment

I mostly choose halflings for the slingers. I just love those dudes. Fantastic ranged ability, and when experienced, perhaps with a few enhancements, they are great melee units too.

On myrror, I tend to go for dwarves.

Asmodean
                                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                                X