The Sims 2: First Screensots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sims 2: First Screensots

EA releases the first screenshots of its just-announced sequel to the blockbuster virtual life game

Although the first game had some HUGE gameplay flaws and the Online version is a big flop, this new incarnation might make the series worth another look. If Mr.Wright spends more time fixing the gameplay problems and less time adding more doll's house eye candy then this could be a game to watch.

As you can see, the new game will be fully 3D and it looks very pretty.

Happy families:
    Attached Files
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

A party gets a little out of control
    Attached Files

Comment

Voyeurs and perverts shoud be well catered for.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks very good! Do we know anything about the system requirements?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I think it's a bit too early in the development cycle for them to be releasing that kind of info. The game was only officially announced a few days ago. Maybe more details will be released at E3 next week.

Comment

Argh, not just that! The plague of gaming returns, and I can already see 6 expansions coming out for that one.... NOOOO!
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thank goodness that there is no way that my computer would be able to support this game.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Gah, it stays boring, no matter what kind of graphics.. If I want to see a fight I might as well do it in real life anyway
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Death! Doom! Destruction! Mayham!

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The first game was crap and I don't expect any more of the second, but I'll download it just for the novelty of it.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

My sister used to play with Barbie and Ken. I liked Playmobils.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Is it impossible for the second game to improve over the original to the point where it is playable?

Comment

Well, it looks better at least.

I'd be willing to give this one a try.

Comment

The AI needs to improve even more than the graphics. It would be nice if you were able to leave your Sim alone for a moment without it being 2 hours late for work, taking a whizz all over the couch, setting fire to the kitchen and starving itself half to death.

The concept of The Sims is a good one, I think, and it has the potential to be an excellent game. Hopefully the huge retail success of the first game won't make the designers think "Well, since loads of people love the first one we don't need to change much second time around". That's a real possibility, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                              Is it impossible for the second game to improve over the original to the point where it is playable?
                              It is an intersting concept and I think there is potential for it to be atleast as good as the other sim games, but frankly, they seem more interested in making expansion packs then improving apon the game concept.

And I agree with you on the AI, that is probably the biggest flaw to the current game.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X