Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does the ae source include all recommend changes from the ae mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does the ae source include all recommend changes from the ae mods?

the reason i ask is because i have to do comparisons of txt files using winmerge of cradle ae and ae source and was thinking... does ae source have all the recommended hanges of the ae mod? i would hope so. its a mess of work to backtrack a mod to non source then update to source, but if the source doesnt have the ae mod. then i should include that as well.

correction apolyton mod
    Last edited by thistleknot; September 28, 2012, 18:25.

You mean that thing we ship with the Apolyton Edition in a scenario folder. Well that thing just contains some experimental stuff. I do not recommend adding it without serious testing.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

link is down but ill have it up tonight. apolyton packin the mods section. can be dld from weplayciv

Last edited by thistleknot; September 28, 2012, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by thistleknot View Post
        link is down but ill have it up tonight. apolyton packin the mods section. can be dld from weplayciv

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=308
        Well it can also be downloaded from Apolyton. For some reason Dale called it Super Apolyton Pack 2. However, I don't think there is a reason to call this version 2.0, since the changes to version 1.0 aren't so big and well I don't think it is super, either. For that the bug fixes are marginal. If you have the Apolyton Edition installed then you don't need the Apolyton Pack, because the important stuff is included, like the extra city styles and civilizations. The slic scripts are not necessary. I fixed a lot of stuff concerning the AI and also some stuff for dipolmacy. Unfortunately, the list of fixed bugs does not contain all the bugs.

-Martin

Comment

well thats good. to know.

i did a diffmerge comparison between const and cradles as well ss apolytons. itseems hexagonian based his mod on apolyton mod but the source const is based on the original numbers.

i guess thats a minor issue, as long as the bugs were addressed

Comment

Originally posted by thistleknot View Post
            itseems hexagonian based his mod on apolyton mod
            It is actually the other way around.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
            X